sixth may

It's May and Holt holds my hand in public

We went to a park, so he could take pictures of fruit trees in full bloom and one minute he's snapping a picture and the next he comes to stand beside me and he just slips his hand along my arm and interlock our fingers together.

There are a lot of people here. People on a stroll, taking pictures. Lot of people that can see us.

And Holt just holds my hand and keeps walking, looking at the nice sight with a smile on his lips.

He nudges my shoulder with his own and says softly, "you can say it, you know."

I'm frowning. "Say what?"

"You know what. Go ahead, say it," he tells me, his thumb running softly on my skin.

So I say it. "You're holding my hand."

Holt chuckles, happy. "Yes I am."

"It's okay? You're okay?"

Holt stops walking so we can look in each other's eyes. "Haven't you figure it out by now that I'm always okay when I'm touching you?"

I'm swallowing and twitching from one feet to the other. "I know. I just don't want you to put any pressure on our relationship."

Holt laughs again. I live for his laughs. "I'm holding your hand and that's final."

I finally smile too. "No complaints from me. It's just, without your hand you can't take pictures," I point out.

"Some moments are better being enjoyed rather than just recorded. It's better to live them instead of just looking at the through a lens," he answers, and presses a chaste kiss on my lips.

My heart beats frantically. I'm just so happy. I try not to cry.

We start walking again.

The wind rustles the flowers in the trees and petals start to fall all around us.

I squeeze his hand and he squeezes mine back.