eighth july

It's July and Holt and I are enjoying the summer, settling in our new house and getting into new routines

We didn't move somewhere we weren't accustomed to, we're a not too long car ride away from my parents. Mom is ecstatic. We haven't missed a Sunday brunch since we moved. It's so wonderful to be close to my family even though Holt sometimes jokes and says we're all a little co-dependant. He's not entirely wrong. Also he shouldn't put himself out of the equation, he's also part of this dysfunctional close family.

I never realized how much I missed it, how much I needed to be close to my family like this again. I really missed my sister. Having her close too is amazing. We grew up being inseparable. It's been wrong these last couple of years, not to see each other as often as we used to.

I never thought I'd be the kind of person that would move back home, but here I am.

Sometimes I see people I went to high school with at the grocery. It feels so strange and foreign.

It's so weird to think I'm back so close to the place where I grew up. I always had dream of making it big in the city. I saw myself as an eternal bachelor with a single man penthouse in New York who would make it big and ignore everyone.

I never saw as myself as a husband-to-be in a small house in the suburbs. All we're missing are the kids. We're still not really talking about that future though. It's not off the table, it's just... not something we need right now. I'd be quite content with my family always just being Holt. He's more than enough.

Right now I'm just happy with travelling to New York to meet with my editor from time to time. I just do video conferences for the web newspaper now. I barely write there anymore. I'm too busy. But I don't want to completely give them up. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for that job.

Keith and I talk often too. We don't have any set plans for the moment. I think Keith has a couple of ideas he wants to run by me, but he's keeping most of it to himself for now. I'm sure he doesn't want to distract me from my upcoming wedding.

People are talking about our next project. I'm not in a hurry. The next video I plan on editing is my wedding video.