eighth august

It's August and in one month Holt and I will be married

            I still can't quite believe it.

            Almost everything is planned. I'm actually not that stressed out. The only thing I haven't already planned is Holt's suit. He got it on his own. Well I think my sister helped him. Anyway, I have no idea what he bought. I'm really curious.

It's the evening and I'm putting my clothes back in our wardrobe and I see a garment bag in the back of it. That must be it. I look around, making sure Holt is not anywhere near. He should be coming back in the room soon.We have to go to bed early because we have to get up and go pick up Dean in the morning. We're babysitting for the day.

The coast seems clear so I pull it out... and what do I see, there's actually a lock keeping the two zippers shut together.

The little minx.

I put the bag back where I found it.

Holt walks in our room a few seconds later, hair a little damp from his shower. I love an all warm and soap smelling Holt in my bed.

He slips under the covers, closing his eyes before I even turn off the lights. He's been tired in the last couple of days. He realized one of his deadlines was a lot sooner than he thought so he's been trying to finish it in time.

That doesn't stop me from teasing him after all the lights are off and I'm in bed, his arms wrapped around my own.

"Holt, why did you put a lock on your suit?" I whisper, kissing his forehead.

"I don't trust you, you nosy queen," he mumbles, his mouth against my shoulder.

I laugh. "What? But the foundation of a successful relationship is trust, Smooches."

Holt rubs his nose on my skin. I'm feeling tingles. "Well, technically I do trust you. I trust that you're too snoopy not to try to sneak a peek at my suit."

"But there are no bad luck rules with husbands and suits," I try to reason with him. I just want to know if he's got a pop of colour. We better match!

"Let me at least one little surprise."

I nudge him with my foot. "Is it Borat's bathing suit? Did you get Borat's bathing suit for our wedding? I'm not entirely against it."

Holt laughs, nuzzling his face between my arm and our mattress. "Jesus, Boo."

"I mean, I don't particularly want to share all of your hotness with other people but at the same time, well, man candy."

"Oh my god, you're ridiculous," he says, his voice muffled a little bit.

I grin at the ceiling. "You love it."

Holt kisses my arm. "I really, really do."

We're silent for a few seconds. I think he might have fallen asleep. "Hey Holt?"

"Yeah?"

"You loving me... that's when I really started to live."

Holt raises his head, looking at me through the dark. "Me meeting you, that's when I really started to live."