ninth september

It's September and today is the day I'm getting married

I haven't seen Holt since yesterday afternoon. I don't think we've ever really been traditional about anything, so I don't see the big deal out of following these stupid not-seeing-the-groom-before-the-wedding rules.

But apparently, there was no getting out of that one. I think our friends are still annoyed with us since we did our bachelor party together.

I don't really get why they were so against it. We were best friends before dating. How could we not be at each other's bachelor's party? And let's be honest here, if either one of us is doing something fun, we want the other to be there. We're kind of codependent that way.

So yeah... I don't like this whole, not-seeing-each-other thing. And I'm still worried about Holt's suit. I mean, I'm not worried, worried. I just know what to expect from everything. And it's not like I think he's going to come out in a white suit or something. I know Holt. He does crazy and adorable things sometimes, but white suit is not one of those. He knows how hot I think he is in black. I wouldn't really want him in anything else.

So maybe he's going to show up in powder blue.

Eloise keeps saying I should stop freaking out about the suit and freak out about our vows. I don't really worry about that though. I don't think I have to come up with new words. I'm happy with what I wrote. And I'll be happy with whatever Holt has to say. We've already said everything we need to say to each other. I don't need anything else. I know how I feel and how he feels. I care more about the whispered words in the middle of the night than the ones chanted on top of buildings. I care about the words that only linger between us. I don't need anyone to know how cute we are, even if we are really really cute. 

I don't worry about our vows because I've already made my promises to Holt. I made them the second I laid my eyes on him. The first time I looked at him I knew deep down that I would love him as much as I would love myself and that I would cherish him above everything else.

I would actually like for his vows to be a little boring. I seriously don't need to cry today. I really need to stop turning into my dad.

My father walks into my little waiting room. "You ready son?"

I nod, feeling all giddy inside and follow him out.

We don't do the traditional groom-waiting-at-the-alter-for-his-bride-to-walk-up-to-him. When we were talking about the way we wanted the ceremony to go we both agreed that one of us had done enough waiting for the other to walk up to him. So instead of one person walking up an aisle, we'll both be heading towards each other from both sides, all the way to where my sister will be waiting for us to officiate the wedding.

I stand on my side. I wait for Holt to reach his. 

There he is. My gorgeous Holt. My adorable Smooches. The most important person in my life. The man I'm about to marry.