Chapter 10 {Pit Of Neverending Sadness}

A/N: Shoutout to sahstories for supporting me all the way and even suggesting shipnames for Layla and Luciano, love you so much girl!

Luciano's POV

Dante and Luciano exited the building, a creepy smile played on Dante's lips, which made Luciano's eyebrows draw together in confusion. "Why the hell are you looking at me like a serial killer?" Luciano asked, fake-disgust laced in his voice, making Dante chuckle in response.

"I see that you've taken quite a liking on Layla." Dante smirked, wiggling his eyebrows as they walked towards their car, the driver opening a car door for them as he saw them. A smile played on Luciano's lips at the thought of her, "There is such a beautiful darkness inside her —so strong and painful—but yet she is stronger than ever. She tried to make her eyes look blank, but only I could see through that blank facade."

"Someone's on the poetic side today, and someone's already falling in love." Dante smirked playfully, earning a punch to his shoulder from Luciano. "Are you a kid or a mafia boss?" Luciano stated rather than asked, making Dante roll his eyes in annoyance. "Just shut the hell up."

"But you know, sometimes it is really hard to pick up the broken pieces for someone when the person is not letting you in. You have to fight the darkness if you really want to, because her maturity and the way she acts screams that she has been through hell and back." Dante's words made Luciano think deeply, why was he even feeling like this? How could this woman be so innocent and yet so devilish at the same time?

"She reminds me of momma, her strong attitude, even though she is breaking inside. The way she's stone cold but yet so warm as the sun, there is just something about her that pulls me in." Luciano told him seriously as he reminisced his teenage years in Italy, the small smile fading on his lips completely as he remembered his darkest days.

•••••••

Flashback:

Luciano came home with a smile on his face, proud of himself for doing good in school today, the fifteen-year old boy always dreamed about becoming an artist and sell his paintings all over the world, at least that was what he was told by everyone at school — including his teachers and even the principal.

"Hey my little munchkin, how was school?" His mom greeted him from the kitchen, already cooking for her family. He came towards her, hugging her from behind as he kissed her cheek, he may seem like a little child, but he loved his mother more than anything. She seemed like a true fighter in his eyes and he admired her deeply, "One day closer to fulfilling my dreams." He told her, making her chuckle as she turned around, hugging his already big frame, he was already much taller and muscular in such a young age because of the trainings he had to do in order to satisfy his father's expectations.

"I am so proud of you, mio figlio. (my son)" She stated with a beautiful smile on her lips, making Luciano smile wholeheartedly. There was only one person to make him smile truly like this, and it was his mother.

Just as she was about to tell her son how her day was, the door flew open and his father barged in with two of his men trailing behind her like lost puppies. Luciano couldn't help but roll his eyes as he saw them, a sickeningly smile was playing on his father's lips, which made Luciano's blood boil from anger. "Care to explain why you went to school instead of the ware house?" His father asked coldly but a sound of mockery clearly hearable in his voice, making Luciano cringe for him.