twenty-four.

+ heights +

+ heights +

This was the day i had waited for, standing on top of a hill in between the border of Germany and Austria waiting on the train to pass under us. It had yet to be confirmed if Zola was on the train or not, Mortia and Gabe sitting at a radio deciphering incoming transmissions. Steve, Bucky and I were standing near the edge of the cliff, all of our breaths mingling in the freezing air.

I had to get to Zola before Steve and Bucky did, finding out where to go to drop the facade of Allison Cooper. I moved my legs harshly, attempting to get some heat into my body, snow beginning to fall and stick to our hair. "Are you cold?" Bucky asked me, turning to face me as i let out a small laugh. "Immensely" I replied, causing Bucky to grab my hands in his and rub them together to generate some heat. "Are you afraid of heights?" I asked him referencing the long zip line journey that lays ahead to get to the train.

"There's more to be afraid of than heights" He replied simply, as Steve came and stood next to us, Bucky now just holding my hand. "Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked Steve, both of the men smiling at the memory. "Yeah, I and I threw up?" Steve asked back with a smile as Bucky nodded his head slowly. "This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky replied, causing Steve to laugh lightly. "We were right. Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad" Gabe said, looking up at us from the radio on the ground.

Bucky let go of my hand, bending down to grab the zip line attachment to help us slide down the wire easily. The plan was for Steve, Bucky and I to enter the train while Gabe stayed on top as our sniper, which was probably going to be a harder job than ours. "Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil" Monty said from behind a pair of binoculars, the train finally coming into sight.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield" Steve told us slinging his handle bars over the wire, preparing to jump. "Let's do this" I said quickly pecking Bucky on the lips before standing behind Steve as he pushed off the mountain, I copied his actions, the wind ripping through my hair as i zoomed down the wire towards the top of the train.

The wire scrapped across the handle bars as I hovered above the black train, letting go simultaneously as Steve to land softly on top of the train. The train was ripping along the track, going incredibly fast but manageable to walk over.

Steve looking behind his shoulder, as I did the same as soon as Gabe landed on the top of the train. Steve motioned for us to move forward towards the ladder leading down the back of a carriage. We started walking as I did the same, holding my hand on top of the gun resting against my hip. Steve made it to the ladder, begging to climb down it and into the train carriage.

Bucky made his way behind me, gently nudging my thigh telling me to go down after Steve. I landed in the train car with a thump, standing to the side next to Steve as Bucky landed beside me, pulling the door closed harshly. I got my gun out of my holster, as Steve, Bucky and I made our way down the carriage which was full of boxes that i assumed had ammunition in them. Bucky stayed behind me, keeping his gun raised towards the door at the back of the compartment.

Steve and I made our way forward into the next carriage, holding my gun down towards the floor. As my back foot made it past the threshold the door slid closed, the one parallel doing the same, keeping Steve and I from Bucky. Steve looked over his shoulder disgruntled, myself kicking the door, Bucky looked at me briefly before he had to turn around as new figures joined him in the train, firing straight at him.

"Ally, we got a problem" He said motioning towards the person in metal armour, massive cannons of either arm. Steve pushed me behind him, keeping me behind the shield as he fired at him with the pitiful gun he had. The cannons fired up, causing a screeching sound, Steve shoved me to the side as he went the opposite way, having boxes as cover. A bright streak of Blue light lit up the compartment, causing a loud bang as it hit the metal.

I leaned out from the side shooting at him as accurately as i could, the bullets just bouncing off the armour. Another blue light ray came towards Steve, hitting the shield and ricocheting off the shield onto the wall behind him, causing him to drop the shield towards me.

I leaned forward and grabbed it, wrapping the straps around my fore arm. I ran forward, grabbing onto the slider that was attached to the roof, positioning the shield to take in another blue ray. As i got closer to the person I held out my legs, kicking the armour as hard as i could causing him to go flying back and hit the door behind him. As he lay on the floor, i struck the shield down hitting him in the helmet, hopefully knocking him out.

Steve ran up to me, taking back his shield and aiming the cannon up towards the door that led towards Bucky, firing causing the door to collapse to the floor. We both ran up looking through the tiny glass window to see Bucky not having any ammo left.

Steve and I stood to one side each, as he opened the door, me throwing my gun at Bucky. Steve ran forward pushing his shield into a box on the shelf slamming it into the guard causing him to jump to the side, open for Bucky to shoot him and sending him crumpled to the floor. I made my way into the room, grabbing an extra ammo cartilage for Bucky from my belt, taking my own gun back. "I had him on the ropes" Bucky said to us, Steve weakly smiling at him. "I know you did" he replied as i heard a familiar whirring from behind us.

"Get down" Steve said pushing Bucky behind him, not having time to protect me. As the blue ray hit off the shield and blowing off half the wall off i was thrown against the tattered wall, almost falling out completely. Steve was thrown to the other side, Bucky grabbing his shield to protect himself.

The person in the large metal clad shot another blast at Bucky, causing him to drop the shield and get blown out the door, only holding into a railing that looked barely stable. Steve got up instantly, running to the door to grab Bucky from falling. Another blast came straight towards me, and not having anything to protect me, the impulse shocked me engulfing me like a blanket, blowing me backward straight out the whole in the wall. As i flew through the air, my limbs were paralysed, smashing into the section of the door Bucky was hanging onto, causing it to get ripped off the train, sending us both falling down the canyon.

I heard Bucky screaming the whole way down, flailing , whereas i was just shooting down like a rocket due to my paralysis. The wind ripped past me, causing me to lose hearing half way down, my skin basically freezing over from the lack of warmth. I closed my eyes tight, not wanting to experience the nauseating feeling anymore.

And thats the last thing I remember before hitting the ground.

——

A/N : so the chapter is here, and it's hitting ya like a train.
From this point and for a while it's going to be me making everything up as I go so it makes sense down the line, so if there's inconsistencies, please don't @ me.
Anyway, I hope you all are crying like I am but I'll see you in a few days my dudes.