Chapter 37

Jameson

Waking up, I found me to be the one clinging to my boyfriend, and not the other way around. It felt weird, but good weird, seeing as I'd always have the pleasure of waking up with Kyle hugging me into him. My arms were wrapped securely around his torso, whilst my legs were a tangled mess alongside his beneath the sheets. I inhaled his scent, snuggling my cheek into the bare skin of his back.

Last night was far more eventful than I could've imagined when Kyle asked me to stay the night, and I'm not sure what to make of the outcome. I keep praying Kyle doesn't treat me any different knowing my situation, I've never actually told anyone before now. No one's ever found out. I've always felt ashamed about the things my dad does to me, despite that making no sense. The last thing I want is pity and people feeling like they have to look out for me, when really I just want them to act normal around me.

"Hmm, is someone zoned out?" I nuzzle into Kyle's back once more, noticing he'd already awoken and was trying to engage in conversation. I hummed, planting a kiss on his bare skin as I peer up to where he's looking back at me.

Hugging him closer, I press my cheek to his back. "Too sleepy," I mutter in a grouchy voice which screamed I'd woken up just moments ago.

"Your phone's been going off like crazy baby, I think someone's worried about you." It's only as he says the words that I notice a call is going through on my phone, which is extremely rare, especially seeing as my number is one of the last things I'll give someone to keep in contact with me.

Without having to ask, Kyle hands the phone over, not even taking a glimpse himself at the screen. My eyes glaze over at the bright light which has me squinting to clearly make out what the bold letters on the screen actually reads.

"Isaac..." I mutter confusedly as my eyes scan over the few texts he left before deciding to result to calling me instead. I could feel Kyle's eyes glued to the side of my face, most likely itching with desire to know what the messages say and why Isaac of all people is so desperate to get a hold of me.

However, instead of replying, or even unlocking the phone at all for that matter, I lock the device, screen going black before I toss the phone lower down on the bed, before turning to properly face Kyle who was laying on his back with his head turned.

With a cheesy grin across my features, I grab ahold of each of his cheeks before pressing my lips to his, giving a simple yet affectionate peck on the lips.

"You're the best." I breathe in a rather cringy fashion, yet feeling like it was the perfect time to show him the appreciation I do have for him. He shoots a weird look my way before I slide to the edge of the mattress, purposefully pushing my ass out as I stand from the bed, knowing full well his eyes are on me.

A groan erupts in the room, coming from Kyle who remains in bed behind me. I grin at the annoyance within the noise, knowing I'm teasing him yet also acknowledging we have very little time to get ready and appear on time to class.

I dig through Kyle's roughly places clothing items from the day before, digging around until I come across my own folded, semi-clean clothes which I'll be wearing for the second day in a row now. It was at some time the night before or the early hours of the current morning that I'd slipped out of my borrowed pyjama pants borrowed from Kyle, meaning I was already bare and in my boxers. I grab onto the jeans from the floor, shaking them to unfold before sliding into the pant legs one at a time.

"C'mon, we've skipped before, we can do it again." Kyle persuades, a whining tone playing in the air around him. He spreads his legs in the free double bed, making use of the room none of us wanted to have the night before.