e i g h t

CHASE HAS BEEN super quiet since my little renovation of his half of the dorm room and to be honest, I'm kinda fearing for my life

CHASE HAS BEEN super quiet since my little renovation of his half of the dorm room and to be honest, I'm kinda fearing for my life. Chase doesn't have the best track record around Caldwell for being civil and fair and there's also the whole mysterious, apparently super terrifying reason why he's here, so I assume he's planning something big that could ultimately and most probably will end in my death. 

But instead of worrying, I've been drowning myself in paint and graphite. I have more freedom with my art in this school than previously and I'm milking it for all I've got. 

"You do have other classes, right?" Miss Rowan smirks as she helped me slide my portrait into the protective slip. I laugh lightly and nod my head. 

"I do but they're not as fun as spending time with you." I grin cheekily at her as I carry the canvas across the room and slide it into it's respective slot. 

"Butt-kissing will not get you extra points, Hayden." She chides as she takes a seat behind her wooden paint stained desk. 

 "Of course not. But what about a bottle of wine?" I return to my empty easel and pick up my bag and jacket from the floor. Miss Rowan shakes her head as I slip my bag onto my shoulders, "Two? Three? Oh my god, Miss Rowan. You really know how to party."

Miss Rowan chuckles as I leave the classroom, hooking my jacket over my arm as I return to the swarming sea of students. I head in the completely other direction of my next class and instead I push my way towards the Gymnasium. I had learned from Noah that there was a Caldwell swim team and I wanted to check it out. 

I was a semi-casual team member of the Holden Bay Sharks and I say semi-casual because I couldn't be bothered waking up at five in the morning to swim laps. 

I stop in front of the large, paper filled cork board and find the sign up sheet for the swim team. I was scribbling down my name when I felt a shadow loom over me. 

"Signing up for the swim team?" I turn around, noticing Luke standing on the other side of the small corridor, his arms folded across his chest.

"I thought I'd give it a go." I shrug as Luke moves across the hall towards me. He takes the pen out of my hand and signs his name up directly underneath mine. His writing was cursive and so fancy, I was kinda mesmerised watching the movement of the pen. 

"The swim team at Caldwell is probably the only sport team that goes to competitions. The soccer team smokes pot under the bleachers every training and we don't have a football team because it got too violent. We also had a volleyball team but that also got too violent." Luke explains and I internally cringe at my mistake to willingly sign up for anything in this school. 

"Maybe I should've picked Geography club instead." I scoff as Luke lets out a small chuckle. We both turn and begin walking towards our next class. I was dreading having to sit through another hour before lunch but the promise of a large bowl of delicious chicken carbonara will be worth it.