Chapter 27

Violet's POV

"Andy, can we talk about what happened at the hospital?" I asked him as we entered the house. He ignored me as he grabbed my bags and walked upstairs without a word. I sighed sadly. Rose and Stephen weren't downstairs, and I decided it would probably be best to let them have their alone time.

"Everything okay Violet?" Jeff said as I entered the kitchen. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I don't really know. I took Andy to the doctors to get stitched up from the shootout and there was a Cobra there, the one that tried to kill me, and Andy made me leave the room and then he killed him."

"What's the problem then? We tried to kill them the other day and he just made sure it was final."

"Jeff, I don't like the constant killing that comes with being with you guys. It freaks me out. I don't like seeing people die. In fact, before I met all of you the only dead person I had ever seen was my grandfather at his open-casket funeral. I've seen more people die in the last few months than I have in my entire life. And as if that wasn't enough, Andy didn't use a gun to kill this Cobra. There was no noise of him dying, which means he used his hands to kill him. Shooting someone is one thing, using your hands to kill them is completely different."

"So what? You're afraid of him?" Jeff asked and I shrugged.

"I don't like thinking about what Andy is capable of doing. Don't get me wrong, I trust him and I don't think he would ever hurt me on purpose. I just-" I paused looking for the right words, "I don't know. I don't like him when he's angry. And he is ignoring me now and I don't know what to do." I said.

"He does have a temper, I'll give you that. But you said it yourself, he would never hurt you. I mean c'mon Violet, he forgave you for spying on us and for lying and for Rose being in the CIA. Do you really think he would do anything to hurt you?" Jeff said and I frowned and shrugged. "It's late. Get to sleep." He said and I hugged him. He was surprised but hugged me back.

"Thank you Jeff. I'm still so sorry for everything."

"No one got seriously hurt, so I'm not angry with you. But don't think you'll get away with crossing us again." He warned and I looked up into his dark brown eyes.

"It will never happen again. Goodnight Jeff". I said as I walked up the long staircase and into my room. Rose wasn't in here and neither were my bags. I assumed Andy wanted me to stay in his room again. I walked down the hallway and entered Andy's room. He stood next to his dresser with wet hair and a towel around his waist. I could smell his soap radiating off his body as I entered the room. He looked over at me and smiled lightly. "Hey," I quietly greeted him. He walked towards me and grabbed my cheeks, forcing me to look into his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but then just kissed me. I kissed him back and looked at him questioningly.

"I'm not ignoring you, I just don't know what to say about what happened today." He spoke.

"Just tell me what happened Andy," I said and he shrugged and went back to the dresser to put on pants.

"I finished the job I started a few days ago. I know how you feel about me killing people, but I didn't do it to watch him die...although I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it." He said and I rolled my eyes and sat on his bed. "I killed that man because he was one of the guys that tried to kill you. And if he was in the hospital it meant he was getting better, and I couldn't let that happen. When I said I would do anything to keep you safe I meant it." He said.

"And I appreciate that I just don't like the thought of you killing someone with your hands," I said and he came and sat next to me. He placed his hand on my thigh and I shuddered at the thought of that same hand probably around that man's neck.