Chapter One: Peaceful Piedmont

(A/N: Just a quick note before we start this story, this is what Dipper, Mabel, and Bill look like:

Now that that's out of the way, let's begin!)

Gravity Falls: 4 years later.

School was out for the summer in 2 weeks, and Dipper and Mabel's parents' decided to send them back to Gravity Falls during break. For now however, Dipper and Mabel were going to spend their Saturday going to the movies. There weren't many movies, but Dipper and Mabel managed to chose one despite their differing opinions.

On Saturday, Dipper and Mabel headed out to the theater, and they had both expected it to be a typical day. They'd be wrong.

When Dipper and Mabel got to the theater, Dipper went to claim seats while Mabel got snacks. However, when Mabel came into the movie theater, something odd happened. As she was coming up the stairs, Dipper saw a pair of black gloved hands reach out of nowhere, about to grab Mabel.

Dipper reacted quickly, calling out her name. "Mabel, behind you!" the few people currently in the theater shot glances in Dipper and Mabel's direction, wondering why the brunette sounded so frantic.

"What is it bro-bro?" Mabel asked, looking behind her. There was nothing there, and after Dipper blinked a couple times, he could no longer see the mysterious hands. "Uhm... nevermind.."
The brunette was a bit shaken, considering he hadn't been having hallucinations like that for a while now.
Dipper managed to calmed down. Although he denied it, Mabel could tell something was going through Dipper's mind during the movie.

It was 7:30 when they returned home, but it was the weekend. So, Mabel went to her friend's house, and Dipper was home alone since his parents were out shopping (for some odd reason).

The brunette sat in bed, writing in his own Journal. Since Weirdmageddon 4 years ago, Dipper had begun his own journal that had his own adventures, as well as what he could remember from Great uncle Ford's journals.

Dipper slowly lost consciousness as the night passed, and by 11:00 the brunette fell asleep with the journal on his face.
His dreamless and peaceful night would be the last one he'd have in a while.

(A/N: Sorry for the short first chapter! I didn't want to spoil too much with a long one. I promise the next chapter will be longer! ~Depy)