Day 9: Time

December 9th

It was a Sunday, which unfortunately meant that all of the schoolwork that the class had been procrastinating on was now in dire need to get done.

Sero and Ashido gathered a study group to discuss answers, which was smart. Midoriya had ideas of his own, and he worked best when he wasn't with such a big group.

The remainder of the work that Midoriya had to complete was a three page essay, which really wasn't a big deal. The topic was on heroes, which he had an enormous amount of notes for. It wasn't like he had been studying up on heroes ever since he could remember. He could easily get this finished.

His hero journal didn't go anywhere from its pocket in his backpack. It had never failed him, either. It was partly charred and waterlogged because of the one day that Kacchan decided to destroy it, but his recent drawings and notes were still intact. He didn't write too much about All Might anymore, because One For All needed to be kept a secret.

If his journal counted as schoolwork, he'd have so many excess pages he could contribute. If he was lazy enough, he'd probably copy down what he had written in the past, but he felt like that was cheating.

Picking up his laptop, he got to work. He swaddled himself in his All Might blankets, prepared a couple of juice boxes and granola bars if needed, and opened up a document.

He made sure to keep his phone nearby too, in case Todoroki happened to text. He convinced himself that it was only because he would have it readily available to use the internet as a resource, but who was he kidding? No matter how many times he tried to deny it, it was impossible to ignore the leaping feeling in his heart whenever Todoroki paid attention to him.

Tapping the keys, he thought about his selection of heroes to write about. All Might was quite obviously his first choice, but he felt like he had written about All Might for far too many assignments. Writing about Aizawa would be considerably weird too, since he was obviously the one grading these essays.

There were so many heroes he could choose from. He didn't want to pick anything too mainstream, but he also wanted to write about one that he could relate strongly to.

Again, his mind kept drifting towards Todoroki. His heterochromatic eyes, how his fire seemed to respond whenever Midoriya was around, his soft smile. He reached for his phone. There was no way that Todoroki was going to text him unless he made the first move.

He thought wrong, apparently, because a text from Shouto lit upon his screen.

'wanna study together? my mind is everywhere else and i cant focus.'

'Yeah. My room or yours?'

Keeping his cool was the last thing that crossed Midoriya's mind. Responding to a text this quickly absolutely looked desperate, but Midoriya was always the type of guy to act on his feelings rather than logic. 

Now that he thought about it, it wasn't only himself that was suspicious, but Todoroki too. What the heck was up with his psychic powers? There was no way this could purely be coincidental. But Midoriya hadn't heard of anyone able to manifest two separate quirks at once. Except for himself and another villain that he'd rather not think about.

He was brought back to the present at Todoroki's next reply.

'yours.'

Midoriya grinned, and then glanced around at the condition of his room. It looked tidy enough, right? Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

It then dawned on him that he looked like a five year old, with his blankets and apple juice.

He scrambled to somehow hide his juice underneath his bed, but then a knock sounded at the door, which made Midoriya fluster even more. 

The banging and clamoring in Midoriya's room could only mean one thing. There was someone fighting Midoriya, and he probably needed help. Todoroki activated his ice quirk in advance and forcefully opened the door. That was a big mistake, really. The sight before him wasn't a disastrous fighting scene, but Midoriya being.. Midoriya. Todoroki felt embarrassment grip at his throat for a second. Todoroki was the king of jumping to conclusions.