Chapter Twenty-seven: Toughness Test (Part 2)

"What is it?" Solar whispered.

"I think I saw something moving," Thunderstorm said, readying his cleaver. (Am I right that it's a cleaver?)

Seeing his companions' actions, Ice readied his bow and arrows while Solar used his powers to detect a foreign presence. He bent the light within three kilometers around him and determined where the shadows are moving fast. He had an advantage considering that the sun never sets at Planet Sol.

Solar closed his eyes and concentrated. After a while, he opened his eyes and faced east, readying himself. "Come out now, whoever you are."

A young cactus alien went out from behind the big rock, quivering in fear. "P-please don't hurt me," she whispered.

Ice lowered his bow and slowly went to the young girl. Despite his moments of freezing personality, he also has his motherly moments, mainly because of Fire.

"We are not going to hurt you. Can you tell me your name?" Ice gently said.

"C-claire, sir."

Ice smiled. "That's such a nice name."

Thunderstorm huffed and stormed towards them impatiently. "What do you know of the power sphere SinarBot?"

Claire shrunk away from him as Ice turned to him, his face frosty as if saying 'Why did you interfere?'. Thunderstorm wasn't fazed by Ice's glare. "I-I don't-"

Solar snorted. "Of course. Who would even expect a kid to know what even a power sphere is?" Solar looked at Thunderstorm. "Obviously, someone is as dumb as I assumed him to be."

Thunderstorm was angry, and he faced Solar, electricity sparking from his body. "At least I'm not an arrogant know-it-all prick," he hissed.

"You have the nerve to call me that, weakling?!"

Thunderstorm was furious. If only you knew...

"Weakling?! I'll show you who's the weak one here!"

Cue another legendary fight between the two. Also, cue Ice's dramatic sweatdrop in the background. Claire had long away ran in fear of being involved.

Ice knew that if the two had started fighting, there's no stopping them. He decided to set his tent right then and there and watched the fight from the inside, waiting for them to stop. Seriously, at this rate that they're doing things, they're going to fail the mission.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What's wrong?" Leaf asked Wind, who tightly closed his eyes.

"Be careful," he whispered at last.

Fire's anxiety kicked in and he looked around for any abnormalities. A few moments later, both he and Leaf tensed as well as a voice whispered from a distance.

"Prepare yourselves."

Leaf barely had time to shield all of them as the enemy attacked them from behind. They all turned around and saw a person that they recognized.

"Damon?!"

Said person smiled emotionlessly (or so they thought since he was still wearing his mask).

"Nice to meet you here," he said in a deep, silky voice.

"Why are you here, Damon? Just curious," Fire said, relaxing along with Leaf.

"Guarding the power sphere. There are too many people who want V-Bot for themselves. However, none were worthy. Let's see if the three of you deserve to get the power sphere." With that, Damon attacked them.