*Special* Ruined

MARCH 13, 20XXFRIDAY'Jungkook'

MARCH 13, 20XX
FRIDAY
'Jungkook'

Have you ever stood beside someone through every heartbreak they ever went through?

Just hoping they would one day turn around to realize that you were there the whole time?

I have known Yeri all my life. Afterall, our mothers are best friends.

They always spoke playfully of a future marriage, and somewhere along the way, I began striving for it to come true.

So when Yeri started to show me signs of returning my feelings, I thought, "This is it. This is the beginning of our love story."

Then, the news came. Our best friend who we met in high school, had cancer.

And suddenly she was in love with him.

Or was she confusing pity with affection?

Despite this, I thought I was safe.

Because Taehyung had a crush on the girl who rode the train across him every morning.

So imagine my surprise when I see them wearing couple bracelets while hand in hand.

I just feigned a smile while muttering a "congratulations".

I did my best to break them apart. I thought that I could get him to just ask the girl out.

"Just go for it." I had told him.

"No, I can't. She's going to think I'm just some creep who's been watching her every morning." He had placed his hands on his blushing cheeks.

"I'm going to stare at her for you." I grinned, about to do it.

"Don't." He hung his mouth open, horrified.

"3...2..," I began counting down.

He turned away on his heels and I count the next number as I whip my head to lock eyes with her.

She sat up, completely surprised.

I laughed since I knew I was making her uncomfortable.

She was cute, but maybe too cute because he couldn't find the courage to ask her out.

Instead, he had settled for Yeri and I just couldn't stand him talking about this train girl while he dated her.