Chapter Six: The real me.

When her alarm on her phone woke her up, Y/N sat up and rubbed her still puffy eyes. She sauntered into the bathroom lazily, remembering Hizashi's words from the night before and forgoing her effects while throwing on enough makeup to make the puffiness less noticeable. She sighed heavily, dreading the day. She considered calling in sick, but pushed the thought away almost immediately. Avoiding the situation would only make things even worse.

As she got into the classroom, she saw Aizawa, who looked understandably shocked. "Hey," she said, depressed. The shock wore off, and he grunted a little. "So you finally took them off," he mumbled a little, "Why?"

Her eyes shot over to him, and she asked, "What are you talking about? You had no idea." He rolled his eyes, grunting again in a grouchy fashion. "Well, I noticed when one of apparently your hairs was found on Hizashi's jacket," he mused, making Y/N even more confused, "I came to two conclusions: Either you were related to the girl from the club, or you WERE the girl from the club."

Y/N sighed softly, running a hand through her (F/C/H) locks and looking away. "I guess it didn't matter how good my disguise was, then," she admitted, smiling sadly to herself. "No, it really didn't," Aizawa agreed as the classroom door slid open.

"GOOD MOR-," Hizashi's voice halted as his eyes landed on Y/N's undisguised form. The two looked away from each other awkwardly, and Aizawa glared at Hizashi as usual. Y/N coughed, tucking some stray hair behind her ear as she avoided eye contact with the one person she dreaded seeing all day the most.

"I-I'm just gonna go, now. See ya later, Shouta," Hizashi said quickly as he shut the door and sped off to do his paperwork. Y/N blinked away the tears that were threatening to form in her (2F/E/C) eyes. "Did something happen," Aizawa asked, noticing her discomfort.

"I, uh," she mumbled, "I think I got rejected. He wasn't super pleased with the reveal, yesterday." She smiled sadly, shuffling some papers to keep her hands busy. Aizawa's eyebrows raised in disbelief. "I kind of expected it. I have been hiding this from, well, everyone since I started here," she admitted, shrugging her shoulders and wiping away a stray tear that managed to sneak out. "He said he wanted time to think, but I feel like it's going to be a long time before he even looks at me again."

Aizawa scowled, grumbling furiously, "I'm gonna kill that bastard." Y/N looked at him, her mouth agape. "I-I-I mean that won't be necessary, Aizawa. I don't blame him or anything," she said, being taken completely by surprise when Aizawa suddenly hugged her tightly. "Why are you defending him," Aizawa asked through gritted teeth. "If I were in his position, I wouldn't be able to stand seeing you cry. I'd be so thrilled to have you in my life, if I were him."

Y/N's eyes widened, gasping a little. "Aizawa, listen," she started, her voice quivering as she pushed him away, "I appreciate your concern and that you feel that way, but I just can't bring myself to aim any negative emotions towards him. He said he needs time, and that's exactly what I'm going to give him." Aizawa seemed to snap out of his daze, nodding in understanding. "So be it."

Sooner than either thought, the students of class 1-A were filing in to start class. They audibly gasped at Y/N's sudden appearance change. "Hey, kiddos," she mumbled nervously. It had been a long time since so much focus had been on her in her real form, so she was more than uncomfortable. One of the students, Izuku Midoriya, shot his hand up in the air, an excited expression on his face.

When Aizawa called on him, he stood and asked politely, "Miss L/N, would you happen to be one of the lesser known heroes? I didn't think about it before, so I was just curious. Your appearance seems really familiar." Y/N deflated a little, nodding her head. "That would be exactly right, Midoriya," she replied, trying to seem nonchalant about the whole ordeal. He broke out in an excited grin before pressing on, "Which one are you, Miss L/N? What's your quirk?!"