Chapter 10- The Next Day

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

September 21st

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

"Marinette!"

A voice broke the silence in Marinette's room as her lovely mother yelled at her to get up. The raven-haired girl appeared out under the covers, covered in sweat. She'd been so tired the night before, she hadn't remembered to change into her pajamas like usual. The girl groaned as she got out of her bed and looked down at the ordinary pink and grey outfit she was wearing. Her heart-patterned outfit from the day prior was folded and placed neatly on her couch. Why had she changed back into her regular clothes if she was going to go to sleep anyway?

Lazily, Marinette stepped down from her bed and trudged drowsily to her closet. Tikki awoke at the sound of her owner, and she yawned from her place on Marinette's pillow. She flew down and looked at her owner with sleepy eyes.

"Morning, Marinette." She greeted, closing her eyes once again in a sleepy manner.

"Good morning, Tikki," Marinette replied with a tired expression. She stuck her hands inside her closet in an attempt to find a fresh outfit.

"What's wrong with what you put on?" Tikki asked curiously.

"I accidentally wore it to bed last night."

"Heh. You were that tired?" The kwami teased.

"I don't know why I didn't just put my pajama's when I went to bed."

"Well, it's okay. I don't blame you for being tired with all that flirting you did with Adrien."

Marinette spun around, and her eyes widened a bit. If she hadn't been awake before, she was definitely awake now.

"What did you say?" She asked, blushing profusely at the comment she wasn't ready for. Why did it still fluster her the same now, as it did years ago when she was teased like that?

"I said-"

"No no, don't repeat it."

"But you asked me too!"

"Don't- repeat it...." Her voice trailed off. Marinette's lips upturned into a small smile, and she sighed, looking over at the framed picture of Adrien Agreste.

✩。*•. .•*。✩

Flashback

✩。*•. .•*。✩

Marinette walked out of the room wide-mouthed, stunned about what she had suddenly said and the answer she received from the famous designer. Footsteps came from behind her, and she felt a hand gently graze her back. She turned quickly to see Adrien smiling at her.

"Marinette. You did it- I ne-never knew you could do that- you- you were amazing." He scratched the back of his head before dropping his hand down at his side.

"I didn't either," Marinette mumbled looking up at him with her deep blue eyes. "I never thought I could act so determined without having an anxiety attack."