11

she found the colors to paint himwhere the world left him gray

to paint him
where the world
left him gray

CHAPTER ELEVEN

DAISY

MONDAY

"Daisy, come on, we're running late pumpkin." I hear my brothers soft voice say, waking me from my peaceful sleep.

I furrow my eyebrows and snuggle further into my blankets. After a few seconds, a sudden heat wave hits me, so I push them back off and let out a puff of hair.

I hear Dustin chuckle, making me pout. "I don't wanna." My voice is muffled by the pillow.

"Don't you want to see Ava...and Seth."

My eyes open when I hear Seth's name. I guess I do really miss him. Ava too.

I sigh and sit up. "Okay."

Dustin grins and stands up from my bed. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs." He kisses the top of my head and walks out of my room.

I quickly get dressed, deciding to be lazy today, and grab my bag before rushing down the stairs. I feel a bit dizzy but brush it off, since it's probably just from moving so fast.

DAISY'S OUTFIT

I check the time and my eyes widen

7:16 a.m.

School started at seven.

I quickly eat the breakfast Dustin made before following him out to the car.

"You feeling okay pumpkin? You look a little pale." Dustin frowns as he looks me over.

I quickly nod, eager to leave. "Yes bubba, i'm fine."

It takes me a few minutes to convince him i'm fine, but eventually he nods as well and backs out.