(25) dance

I sighed exasperatedly, after once again tripping

I sighed exasperatedly, after once again tripping. Clark who was in front of me also didn't look too ecstatic, due to me having stepped on his foot seven times already. We started fifteen minutes ago.

We restarted the waltz once again, going back and forth through the room. I concentrated on my feet, trying to avoid stepping on Clark, which made me trip again.

"Graham, stop looking at your feet. It's why you're constantly tripping."

"I'm trying not to step on you!"

"Here, just-" He grabbed my face with both hands, and brought it up so I was looking straight at his dark eyes. "Here, look at me and focus."

A loud laugh sounded from the corner of the room, "This is like the scene from Dirty Dancing. Will you be doing any dirty dancing soon?"

I shot Dakota a look, who had been occupied on his phone until now "I hate you for saying that." He had been sitting in the room watching us, and occasionally throwing us his suggestive comments, until he ended up getting distracted.

"I just say it how I see it..." Kota grinned at me.

"Well you see it wrong. Clark looks nothing like Swayze."

Dakota nodded, "Yeah I know. Clark's way more dreamy."

I loudly scoffed, going back to focusing on Clark. His green eyes shone in amusement, but he wasn't smiling. His eyes seemed darker, the brown surrounding his iris more prominent than the light green. We continued back and forth, me surprisingly not stepping on his toes. It was our second day of practicing, and there was some minuscule improvement.

At first it was awkward, Clarks hands stiffly holding onto me, and me awkwardly shuffling closer to him. But after Kota literally pushed us together, it wasn't as awkward. Today we were working on the steps of the dance, making sure I wouldn't stumble around constantly. Tomorrow would be the real task, me waltzing around in my four inch heels. With the heels, I would be only two inches shorter than Clark, and ten times clumsier.

I mean I am great at walking in heels, and even running. But dancing? No, of course not.

"So, you think you're ready for the ball yet?" Clark murmured lowly, dipping his head closer to my ear so I could hear him.

I scoffed, "Not even close, I mean if they let me wear my sneakers maybe, but heels?"

"Just follow my lead, you'll do great."

"Are you complimenting yourself or me?"

Clark shot me a grin, "Myself obviously."

"Way to be humbl-"

"-May I cut in?" Kota interrupted, holding his hand out towards me.

With a shrug, Clark stepped away and let Kota try his luck.