31: Husband

~~~Laconia Buela

Over several days Laconia Beula's attempts to meet Imogen were complete failures.

The first day, Laconia had casually strolled towards the field where the beginner summoners trained. She planned to coincidentally meet the young man. When she arrived, there was a big commotion in that very practice field. 

The new students and teachers were in disarray. People were yelling. Amidst all the chaos that gorgeous tall man she had set her sights on stood calmly as he watched the people scurry around him. 

He remained unmoved, his expression sometimes blank and then amused creating an image of detachment from the scene. 

"You've gone too far." A bloodied student yelled bitterly at the man.

He let out a low laugh in response as if denying any responsibility. A dangerous air separated him from the rest of these beginners and even from the instructor. It was as though he was beyond them all, untouchable.

Through this young lovestruck girl's eyes, it was very moving. She trembled slightly at the magnificent sight.

He was born to rule. She thought abruptly. He should be mine. We can rule together.

The rumors of the merciless healer started with this incident. 

One of the more arrogant new students was jealous of Lenix's good looks and attention from the girls. He looked down on the abilities of healer type summoning so he thought to lower the other man's standing by degrading him as a mere healer.

In the end, Lenix personally taught him the value and importance of a healer by slicing him open then healing him..... a couple of times. The story grew and changed to cutting off an arm then to all his limbs to raising the guy from the dead. No one really believed the last one though.

In any case, Laconia didn't get a chance for a casual meeting that first day. She was able to find out a name, Lenix Feit, and that the two men shared the same surname.

Her father had given all the information he had to her about the boy that followed that man. He wasn't backed by any of the major powers of the continent. Lord Beula believed the mysterious man his daughter was infatuated with was a clue to his origins. 

After a couple of days, she was able to find out that the boy's roommate is Rigel Altair, a young fellow noble she was acquainted with from various functions she had attended with her family.

She found Rigel easily enough but when she asked to meet his roommate it turned out to be some random person with a plain face and dull hair. 

"Isn't your roommate that summoner Imodium Feit?"

"Imogen. Yes, he was. But two days ago that crazy healer summoner kicked me out and took the room."

"Lenix personally kicked you out without the academy's permission? Who would believe such a thing."

"He barged right in and told me to leave. Then he tossed my stuff out the door."

Laconia nodded her head, she could definitely picture Lenix doing that. A small smile that she was unaware of formed while she imagined that domineering man ordering this little Lord around. She was sure he could do such a thing, but for what purpose? Why would the academy allow it?

"When I reported the incident to the faculty they told me it was fine and had already been settled. Even my father got nowhere and told me to let it go. Who is that guy really?"

"Who indeed." She absently responded.

Laconia left in a daze, deep in thought about that man's identity. She recalled the scene from the other day. Lenix's appearance of standing above and apart from everyone around him at the practice field seemed so regal. Could he be... one of the Emperor's sons. She rushed to her family's local villa to discuss this possibility with her father.