Chapter Twenty Seven

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Twenty Seven

M E A N I N G F U L M I S T A K E S Chapter Twenty Seven

I met Chuck Vanderwal at such a horrific time in my life. As did he. He was one of the only people that had the courage to walk to my table in the hospital.

The moment I looked into his eyes I saw his hurt that reflected mine- but I also saw his kind hearted nature.

We became friends straight away, since we had no one else within the ward. He reminded me so much of my best friend and that's what I found comfort in.

I never forgot the day I asked him if he had family in Lacewood, and he told me that there was a cousin called Mia here. Chuck Vanderwal- Mia Vanderwal. Their father's are brothers that haven't spoken in a long time, just like their children. Chuck hates Mia.

"Who would've guessed that Lolita Brown would date someone like Hunter." He sighs out and leans against my bedroom doorframe when I place the books dad gave me on the bedside table. "Last year your taste was blond and blue eyed."

My shoulders shrug off the topic that we once discussed a very late night in hospital. "I'm into brown haired boys now."

Chuck snorts loudly. "Correction- you're just into Hunter."

I don't deny it. "Maybe." I tidy away my gifts as we speak.

"How long have you two dated for?" He asks at the same moment that William wanders into my bedroom. I notice the hand that he uses to push Chuck further into my room.

"Just over two weeks." It doesn't feel like it's been that short of time. It feels like a lifetime.

Both the boys sit or lay on my bed, making themselves comfortable. I glance at the door, waiting for the certain brown haired boy to also walk in.

"Hunter went to help mom buy groceries so I can make dinner. I volunteered to go but she wanted to take him." William says.

This doesn't surprise me. Janet is like a mother to me, and she's exactly like her son. There's no way she would pass up the opportunity to get him alone and ask him every detail of his life.

She does it to all William's friends. Poor Chuck must've recently undergone it.

"Are you a casual thing, or serious?" I sense a long gossiping session with these two boys the moment Chuck asks.

His hands clasp together and he waits just as eagerly as the blond boy beside him. It makes sense why William invited him over- the two both love talking as much as Janet does.

I've watched them before in the hospital when William would visit. Sometimes it felt like I was invisible because they would be buried deeply in a conversation. In those times, it made me happy simply observing.