26

Chapter 26: A hard decision

Taehyung looked lifeless.

His face looked pale as a piece of paper, blonde hair dull without their usual shine. Long eyelashes making his unconscious face look as innocent as he was but you missed those dark brown eyes underneath his lids.

You fiddled with his long fingers, a sigh escaping when you glanced at the saline stand next to him. You held onto his index finger and looked down, but turning back the next second feeling someone's hand gently pressed on your shoulder.

Crinkles of worry were written on your mom's face. Your dad behind her too staring at Taehyung's sleeping face with concern.

"You sure we should go back, honey?" Your mom asked gently. You pursed your lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Go back to the hotel and pack our bags too mom. He'll wake up soon!" The reassuring smile you tried to give didn't do its work, it came out forced and made your mom worry even more.

But she just nodded and took your dad with her. Silence fell again, only you and a sleeping Taehyung on the hospital bed. A curtain around you separating from others.

He was going to be alright, right? You held onto his hand even tighter, despair in your grip.

The doctor had said-

"His immunity level is low."

There was a sudden deep voice that almost made you fall out of the chair you were sitting on. A low screech emitted your throat as you looked up to find Namjoon, the silver haired fairy you had met once, silently standing close with his arms folded over his chest.

"When the hell did you get there?" You managed to get a hold of yourself by the time he had pushed up his white rimmed glasses twice, like an anime character.

"Even with my humanly aura I must say it was a hard task." He fixed his glasses again. "You got here quite fast too Jin hyung."

Following the direction of his eyes you met Seokjin standing by your other side, observing Taehyung who laid on the bed. Seokjin had a white coat on, stethoscopes hanging from his neck making him look just like a doctor.

"I could've gotten here earlier but the nurses were attracted to my handsome face and started chasing after me." He shrugged with his shoulders putting his hands in his coat's pockets.

"It didn't help much even with your power." Namjoon snickered. Turning to your surprised face he chuckled again.

"I guess Taehyung hadn't told you this? I can disguise myself as a perfect human but for Seokjin hyung it's even more. He can charm anyone and then disguise himself as per their professions. No one would have a clue."

So that's why you had first seen him working at the WacDonald's.

"I am not interested in that." You piped, frowning. "Is Tae going to be alright?"