2.7

Misha shuddered at the voice slithering through his ear canals and straight to his heart.

(This feeling is-!)

Misha abruptly turned around in the arms that were holding him up. What entered his eyes weren't the familiar figure that he was used to nor the feel of the silky smooth texture of unworked fingers running through his hair. Instead what greeted him was an unfamiliar face that had more sharp edges and hands that were rough with calluses.

(Who?)

The strange man made Misha stiffen and about to pull away. But before he did, he looked in the man's eyes. They were the same baby blue color but more importantly than that, they had the same doting gaze radiating from his soul. It was screaming out what his eyes were denying.

This is Kai!

Now that he looked harder he saw some things stayed the same. Besides the soft blue eyes, the platinum hair still looked as soft as silk and his aura still had the refreshing and soothing feeling it had in the previous world.

He jumped into chest that was more muscular and hard than he was used to but was comfortable all the same. He felt that it wasn't enough and tried to burrow into his embrace. When that wasn't enough he tried to rub his face on as much surface as he could.

Kai chuckles and said with slight amusement: "It's good to see you again too."

While Misha was busy hugging him, Kai's hands roamed across his body. He touched the back of his neck, feeling warm skin instead of bloody flesh. He felt firm muscles under his palm instead of the strings of torn meat pulled away by rotting teeth. And his lips were whispering his name instead of screaming in pain.

Kai took a shuddering breath as the images from his past life overlapped with the present. He hugged Misha close trying to hold on to the person he had always been looking for.

Trying to make sure he wasn't taken away from him again.

The two stood together in their own little world. Casually ignoring the man who was staring at them as though they were having sex in front of him rather than holding each in their arms. Seeing they knew each other and he was at a disadvantage with his bleeding leg, he decided to flee while they were distracted fucking each other's faces off. He quietly backed up slowly to not alert them. He reached the edge of the roof and was about to jump off when he couldn't see a thing. In fact, he couldn't move to catch himself anymore as he fell of in a crumpled heap.

A light steam diffused from the barrel pointed where the man had fell off from. Without missing a beat Kai moved Misha's face closer to neck as he seamlessly holstered his gun behind his back. He almost lost Misha again before they could meet. That couldn't be tolerated.

Misha cuddled into Kai. He was practically wrapped around him, he didn't want to separate and Kai was just fine with that. He needed the contact to assure himself that Misha was whole and safe.

[Misha I know you've been anxious to see Kai again and all but how long are two going to hug?]

Wyatt's voice chimed in with a helpless and exasperated tone in their heads breaking the world they created for themselves.

Kai said congenially: "It's a pleasure to hear you're still here too."

All the while his hands continued to roam over Misha.

[Hahhh. And you as well. By the way is your name still Kai?]

(And it would be nice if you didn't have to molest Misha in front of me!)

Even if he thought it he didn't say it. He could see by the partially haunted look in his eyes that he was just as traumatized from the previous world as he thought. If not more. He was simply hiding it for now to not ruin their reunion but he knew Misha would have to pay for how he left him. Hopefully this will be good for Misha and Kai can talk some sense into him but if it turns out he can't then that will be when Wyatt will comfort and guide him until Misha is mature enough to understand.

Misha: "What do you mean? I know he looks a little different but this is Kai."

Wyatt gently informed Misha: [I know child. But it is very common for an otherworlder to integrate into a world by possessing the body of someone who already inhabits that world than to bring their own body inside.]

Misha: "So...does that make you an evil spirit?"

Misha turned to Kai with an inquisitive look. His innocent expression contrasted with the unsettling notion causing Kai to choke a little on the saliva running down his throat.

Kai: "Cough! Apologies I don't know where that came from. To answer your question, I am using a body that was born in this world but the original already died. I merely take over a compatible body once it's been unoccupied. That includes the body from the previous world."

Misha: "So that makes you a zombie?"

Kai: "...The better term would be resurrected human. Does it bother you?"

Misha: "No. As long as I know it's you then I don't care...Does it bother you that I haven't changed?"

Misha nuzzled Kai again as he answered into his neck but when he realized there could be a problem with himself he looked towards Kai with a hint of trepidation and fear. His fingers unintentionally curled tighter against his coat.

(What if it's more than just his body's that changed. What if... he becomes disgusted by me? Please. Please. Don't hate me.)

[Misha...]

Kai smiled easily. His finger ran through Misha's hair just as they had done countless times in their previous life.

Kai: "Of course not. I've told you before. I love everything about you, including your scars."

Misha let out a breath of relief he didn't even know he was holding. Content, he just wanted to keep embracing Kai. So that's what he did.

[Ahem!]

The two ignored the voice. They were just happy to be holding each other.

[Ahem!!]

Kai & Misha: "..."

[Misha!]

Misha: "..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author