2.

Whoever said that a wedding planner's job was easy was an utter fool

Whoever said that a wedding planner's job was easy was an utter fool. I had five planners strewn across my desk. I was checking emails on laptop and coordinating with clients on call at the same time.

From bridezillas, to monster-in-laws to scandals or even the ordinary last moment emergencies – I had seen it all. Honestly, nothing about a wedding freaked me out anymore. But despite the craziness, I loved weddings. Call me a romantic but there's nothing more beautiful than watching two people who love each other coming together. Ugh, I love weddings so much that when any wedding ends, I'm the first one to cry. I'm supposed to console my clients on their big day but usually, they end up consoling me.

Emily ducked her head through the door. She was my personal assistant during work hours and best friend during non-working hours – She often helped me make sense of the chaos that my life was.

"Just a reminder, Mr. Moretti will be here in five minutes."

"Okay, send him through."

It was barely an hour since I landed in Trinity and my day was already packed. I had to meet a potential client, haggle with the venue owner for an upcoming wedding, find a bakery that makes customized macaroons for party favours for an engagement party and accompany a bride for her dress fitting. The day hadn't even started and I was already done with it.

I glanced at my messy table. According to Feng Shui, clutter attracts bad energy and I hated beginning any partnership on bad terms. I got up from my seat and started cleared the table. Turning my back towards the desk, I arranged the planners on the racks behind my chair.

I heard the door of my cabin open with a click.

"Please take a seat." I said without turning back.

After I'd kept my succulent over a stack of magazine, I was ready to tackle this meeting.

I turned to look up to face my client and I froze. I wondered what horrible sins did I commit in my past life to be cursed with such awkward encounters?

I couldn't believe he was here. He had that same haughty air and that condescending eyes. I couldn't forget him because there was no one else who had the audacity to mess my bag.

"You?" Both of us exclaimed at the same time.