Electra's POV - The Upper Claw

This chapter is dedicated to @CharlieJe because she requested a chapter in Electra's POV!

Enjoy . . .

Whekim

Amy is upset. I can feel it through our bond. I don't know why - she won't tell me why so I began sifting through her memories to find something, anything that could explain why she is upset. My mind wondered to the prophecy we read in the books as on of Amy's memories overtook the others and played out:

The memory was distant. A brown haired woman with hair in french braid. "Amy, don't go out hunting today! Please" A younger version of Amy turned round. "Mum" she said irritably "If I don't go out hunting today, I will go insane. And more importantly, we will not have any food. The woman frowned "We will survive". Amy snorted "On what? Air? Oxygen? No wait ... Let me guess: Water?" The mother was starting to look angry. "Or, we could eat the chicken you've been hiding in the barn,". An expression of shock flitted across Amy's face. "Dad gave Polly the rooster to me. You can't take him". The mother smiled cruelly. "Oh, I can and I will. In fact why don't we collect it now." She started briskly walking towards the barn. The young Amy didn't even think, she just raised her bow and fired an arrow. It glided past her mother and tore her dress. The mother spun round and slapped her. Hard. Hard in the face. Amy clutched her cheek as she fell, a red welt already visible across her face. She scrambled up and fled inside. The mother followed. Inside her room Amy was sitting on her bed, still clutching her cheek. Her room was green and yellow with a big glass window and lots of books. On the bedside table was an emerald necklace, a locket of a sleeping dragon. The swirly handled dagger was strapped to Amy's belt. The mother spoke. "We can't keep arguing like this. Macy needs us to stick together. The girls face twisted as she gave a bitter laugh. "Macy? Macy isn't even home. She spends her life flirting,". The mother's reply was sharp and harsh. "Like you aren't the same. Chatting away with Dhilan as you go on these wild hunts, bringing back deer and rabbit and squirrels. Your father gave you too much freedom. But that's all about to change,". Amy stood up. "I hate you," The desperate rage and despair was evident in her voice. "I always will". The mother turned and walked out. But at the door she turned round and looked at her. "I know. But I don't care"

The memory moved on.

It was still of Amy but she was chatting with Dhilan as she walked home. She looked older and couldn't stop smiling as they walked down to her house. They were talking about dragons as Dhilan walked her to the door, squeezed her hand and walked back down the path. The door flew open. Her mother stood there, trembling with rage. "How many times? How many times have I told you not to talk about dragons!" Amy shrugged "I don't know" she said truthfully. "I don't count. But I do know that I will never ever listen to you with care and respect again. Not since you struck me". She turned on her heel and sauntered back down the path. Her mother growled before she called: "Don't blame me Amy. I've done it all for you. I have tried to protect you but I guess you are just too arrogant. Just remember: I don't want you to ultimately meet your death"

The memory faded.

"Hey Electra!" I sighed inwardly.

"Hello Striker" He wandered towards me just as Furnace came and stood by my side.

"Hi Electra. You ok?" I snorted softly.

"I'm fine. Amy's upset and I don't know why. That's all."

Furnace hrrred thoughtfully. "I know Adam's with her now. She's been crying - apparently her pillow's soaked".

I sighed. "I'm sure she'll tell me when she's ready. For now though, do you want to do some training?"

Furnace nodded. "Let's go"

Fifteen minutes later I was exhausted. Furnace and I were doing claw to claw fighting and neither of us had the upper claw. We were trading blow for blow and neither of us could get through the other's defences. I disengaged and then charged at him, my right claw scraping along his back whilst my left struck his wing. Furnace instinctively lifted his wing. This gave me an idea. I repeated the same move and when he lifted his wing, my wing flew under and flipped him into the air. He landed on his back and nodded to me.

"I yield"

I nodded to him as I walked back to my nest in the stables.

What do you think of this chapter? Would you like to see more chapters in Electra's POV?

Please vote and comment!

Whekim