Chapter 57 - Who Won?

"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home"

Matt's P. O. V.

- "3068  Bridge Street, 3068  Bridge Street... Where is this place?"

It seemed like I had been driving for fucking hours. I knew I was close, I knew Claire was close, I could feel it.

I felt a rush of adrenaline when I found the place I had been looking for. Parking the car two houses away, I got out. My mind was running with expectation and I knew I should be careful and expect this guy to not be as easy to convince as Chad was. I wish I had some kind of weapon... I have that bat, but I really don't want to come in the house and start breaking people's skulls. After a while I searched the trunk and found some old fishing gear, probably my dad's and inside a box, a pocket knife that must be to cut ropes and scale fish and stuff. I decided that would be my last resource if it came to the point where I would have to protect myself.

I thought about how I would do this and decided to look around the house first, maybe find a back door or some way to get inside without bringing a lot of attention to myself. Fortunately they made it simple cause the garage was slightly opened and I could in fact go through the small space, I just hoped the door to the house was also opened.

I went into the garage that was kind of dark and used my phone to light up the space, reaching the door in no time. I also found a wrench that would be heavy enough to knock someone out and put it away. It's better than stabbing someone.

I put my ear to the door and listened for noise, but silence greet me and I was glad the door wasn't locked as well.

I entered the house after turning off my phone's torch trying to be as quiet as possible. I moved through the place and found it odd that it was in fact so quiet. It seemed like no one was home and since it was dinner time, that was kind of weird.

Moving through the hall of the house, some sort of sound was heard now, wait, is that,... porn? I peaked through the door the sound seemed to come from and saw a guy watching porn on his phone and jerking off, well, not any guy, this guy I knew, James, from school. I had my fair share of watching penis I did not want to see in the last few days and so I stopped looking only to wonder what this guy was doing here. He must be alone in the house, because he's touching himself and watching porn loudly in the fucking living room.

The most fucked up thing was the fact that he kept on saying Alix's name randomly, like he was thinking of her or something.

- "Fuck this! I don't care what they say. They are not coming back as soon either way. Why should I watch pussy when I have the real deal in the fucking basement ready for me to take, well it isn't my Alix, but still. That old bitch can't tell me what to do." He loudly said making me wonder what he was talking about.

Some noise was heard and the sexual noises from the video stopped being replaced by footsteps. I moved fast and entered a door that seemed to lead to an office of some sort, hiding behind the door to let James through without noticing me. After he passed the door and turned right on the end of the hall, I left the room to follow him.

_______________________________________

Claire's P.O.V.

I honestly feel nothing anymore. All of the times he raped me, everything they did to me... Did I deserve this? Maybe I did, maybe I'm paying for all that I've done. I don't want to keep on living anymore. I just wish they would kill me by now.