【三十四】 interview ‣ time of the month

before nct 127 even entered the studio to film an interview, yingyue felt slight pains in her lower abdomen

before nct 127 even entered the studio to film an interview, yingyue felt slight pains in her lower abdomen. they had eaten a meal prior to heading to the building, so she figured it was just the food not settling in nicely. she felt more sluggish and sleepy than normal, and of course, taeyong and mark noticed this right away.

"dayoung-ah, come put your microphone on."

said girl nodded and got up from her seat on the couch, walking over to the staff member. it didn't take long until the time for them to start recording began. there were two rows of white chairs, five lined up in each. yingyue sat in the middle of the second row, just behind mark.

"okay, ready?" the cameraman asked. "we're rolling."

the interview was fine up until the middle of it. while laughing at a joke someone said, yingyue suddenly felt uncomfortable sitting in her seat and her laughter quickly dialed down. she scooted back into her chair a little bit, pretending she was looking at her hands, and her face immediately flushed.

discreetly looking around (preferably for their manager), yingyue's name was called by the interviewer.

"hm?" she responded, covering up the blood that accidentally made its way onto the chair.

"we all know you're the only girl in a group with eighteen - soon to be twenty-one - boys, but what we don't know is: do you have a favorite?"

the boys looked at her in anticipation, hoping to get chosen but only got a head shake as their answer.

"i love all of them equally, even the new members."

"she doesn't wanna admit it but i'm her favorite," haechan said, earning a slap from yuta.

everyone laughed and eventually moved on. throughout the rest of the interview, yingyue was grateful that she didn't have to get up.

"okay, well, that's all the questions for now—"

yingyue blocked out the closing of the interview, happy that it was finally over. as the boys started getting off the chairs, she didn't move. she was not about to stand up without something that covered the stain up.

"yin, what are you doing?" taeyong asked. "let's go."

she looked at him with a blank stare and reddened cheeks. haechan had also stayed back to see what was happening.

"uhh.. could you call minsoo unnie over here?"

haechan's eyes widened as taeyong nodded and quickly left to retrieve their manager.

"did you start," he dropped his voice to a whisper. "it?"

"..go away."

he then turned around and rushed somewhere else, telling minsoo, "she's gonna kill me," as he passed her.

minsoo furrowed her eyebrows but continued walking nonetheless.

"what happened?" she asked yingyue.

"i, um, started my period," the younger girl said. "i'm too scared to move."

minsoo lightly laughed and nodded, gently patting yingyue's shoulder. she took off her black cardigan that ended just below her hips and gave it to yin.

"here, you're short, so it should cover it up. i'll get a wipe in the meantime."

yingyue mentally thanked her height and put the cardigan on, waiting for minsoo to return before actually getting off the chair. she didn't take long since the studio wasn't that big and right as yingyue hopped off the chair, minsoo wiped the chair and got rid of the blood.

"thank you," yingyue mumbled, still embarrassed.

"of course," minsoo grinned, happy to help. "you can go to the waiting room where the boys are and i'll be there with another pair of jeans and underwear. you have products in your bag, right?"

yingyue hummed in confirmation before minsoo gestured her to the waiting room. she rushed to where the boys were, making sure to cover herself up with the cardigan, and when she got there, taeyong noticed her first.

"are you okay, angel?" the leader asked, petting her hair.

"y-yeah."

from the corner of the room, haechan and mark sat together; well, more like haechan sat behind mark, trying to hide from the youngest.

"she's gonna kill me. please don't let me die young!" he begged mark, who simply laughed at him.

終。
a lil shorter than usual but another request was filled! i was wondering if you'd guys like to get to know me more? we can do a q&a!! if you wanna ask me questions about myself (it really doesn't matter, just ask away. i don't get uncomfortable or offended easily soooo) then comment them here and i'll either make it into a part itself or have it in an author's note if it isn't too long. thank you for reading, voting, and commenting! i love you cuties