Chapter 16

Caitlyn's POV:

"Ashton stop!" I giggled as he kept reaching for my hair, trying to mess it up. Somehow, Ashton had convinced me to come outside for lunch break instead of sitting inside. We were lying on the school field quite far down, no one around us. It was quiet, peaceful, nice. After trying so many times, I finally gave up and let Ashton do whatever he was trying to do to my hair, which was trying to plait.

"You're just going to knot it all up!" I said, remembering the last time he plaited my hair. It went so knotty so he offered to brush it for me, which hurt even more.

"I won't! I can plait now!" he told me, even though we both knew he couldn't.

Ashton was sitting up leaning against a tree while I lie on my back, my head resting on his thigh. The sun was beating down on us, a change from yesterday's rain. When I couldn't take the sun being in my face any longer, I closed my eyes.

"Don't fall asleep; I won't be able to wake you up." Ashton told me. I opened my eyes and looked up at him and he was smiling down at me. His eyes went from mine then back to my hair and then he grinned even more. "Look Caitlyn! There's you saying I can't plait!" he exclaimed.

I looked down at my hair. Sure enough, he had managed to plait it, even if there were bits of hair flying out, and some parts were really small and some were really big.

"Well, you tried." I teased him, sitting up and leaning on him.

"I succeeded." he tried to correct me but I just shook my head no.

Two girls walked past, and I recognised them as 'the populars'. They stared at us and looked away before not so quietly saying, "How can such a nobody like her be dating such a somebody like Ashton. He's way too good for her."

"Bitches." I muttered to myself.

"Hey, don't listen to them. If anything, you're way too good for me, okay?" Ashton asked me, my chin in his hand so that I was facing him.

"Okay." I mumbled before Ashton kissed my nose, making me giggle a bit.

We sat there in silence for a while. We still had twenty minutes until we had to go back inside for our last lesson.

"You're joking." I heard someone say. I looked forward and saw Luke with Michael and Calum. They were walking towards us, looking kind of pissed.

"This is where we sit. Move." Calum told us.

"Well that's funny because we've been here for the past half hour, where have you been?" Ashton asked.

"Fucking move!" Michael told us.

"Does it really matter, let's just find some other place to sit." Luke said, rolling his eyes.

"What the fuck has gotten into you?" Calum asked Luke as they walked further away.

"Nothing, you dick." Luke replied, and then they were gone.

"Well, I didn't expect that." I said to Ashton.

"Me neither." Ashton agreed.

I seriously thought they would make us move. I really didn't expect them to just walk somewhere else to sit, just because Luke told them too. I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one seeing a change in Luke. Ashton just saw it, Calum and Michael saw it, and I've seen it for a few weeks now, more lately than before.

Ashton and I got up after hearing the bell. He took my hand in his and we walked back to the school building. I turned around and saw Luke sitting a bit further from where me and Ashton just were, with Michael and Calum. Luke had his legs bent, knees to his chest. All three of them sat there smoking. As I looked, Luke looked over at me. His eyes stared into mine and continued to until I looked away, walking inside with Ashton to our last lessons.