࿐ 0.9

"𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝙞 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪
𝙨𝙤 𝙞 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚
𝙣𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙖 𝙬𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣."
————————
3:31-3:57

"————————●━3:31-3:57

🌧

dear mom and dad,

i hope you both are doing well up there. i just wanted to tell you that the girl that mom really liked — yujin — mom and dad, i love her. what the hell, i've only known her for about a week, but mom, dad, i love her so, so much.

she really deserved so much of love and attention, and no more than the brutal opposite was given to her. and i was ready, so so ready to shower her with what she deserved.

but she didn't let me try.

yes, what she did was selfish. she only thought about herself. but mom, why else would i be writing this letter at 4:23am in the morning; eyes puffy, tears streaming down my face, cheeks sunken, head hurting, food pushed away, unwashed, unbothered, and unsatisfied?

because mom and dad, i love her. i love her so damn much.

she was the only person who made me smile after so so long, and after so so long, she even made mom smile. she's an angel, she really is. i wish i could just go and beat up the guy who broke her heart (i didn't take down the address, damn it).

mom, dad, it's been two weeks. two weeks since i had my last proper meal. everyday, i've been living off plain bread with butter. no pancakes from yujin. i can't even bring myself to go to the shower. hell, everytime i close my eyes to sleep, i see her.

i see her telling me it's going to be okay. but mom, dad...

it's not okay. i'm not okay.

yujin's last words resonate so very closely to me till today. it's better to be held than holding on.

so, i've made my choice. i'll see you all in a bit. you both, yujin. we'll all be together again. finally.

love,
jaehyun.

jaehyun holds his letter below yujin's, a sad smile across his face. he puts it on top of his mother's gravestone and turns around, walking towards his car. as he drives towards wonhyo bridge, he sings the song that held yujin and him together, of what brought them together. the song that spoke volumes to them.

he pulls over and doesn't take an umbrella this time to shelter himself from the pouring rain. he holds yujin's jacket close to him as he makes his way out of his car.

he takes his shoes off and puts it down, right next to yujin's. he smiles and sings the last verse of the song, the ending of their perfect story together.

"we're in the rain, in this falling rain, i fill the scattered you," jaehyun sings with every little bit of energy within him as he climbs onto the latch of the bridge.

"so i could see how beautiful you are," he looks forward, he sees yujin in front of him, smiling warmly at him.

he closes his eyes and allows gravity to do its job, as the last lines escapes him mouth, "we're in the rain."

🌧
only the epilogue left :~) is this sad shsjaockfndjakwjejd