࿐ 1.0

EPLIOGUE
————————

EPLIOGUE—————————●

🌧

"and till this day, i've felt really strongly about my brother's story, which is why i'm here today. but before i end this official publication ceremony, i have a few words to share," jaesung muses as he stands up and clears his throat.

"so jaehyun, if you're listening to me right now, i just wanted to say, i'm sorry. i'm sorry that i've left you with all the dirty work, while i was here pursuing what i love. writing. i didn't even give you a chance to pursue everything, and that haunts me till this day.

"but i'm happy happy that you all are finally at ease. you, mom and dad. you all are finally happy. and i'll join you soon, don't worry.

"and to yujin, i've never gotten to know you personally, but i just wanted to say thank you. thank you for making my brother happy, and loved. i'm sorry for all the hardships you had to go through, you really did not deserve it.

"i found out about yours and my brothers' story when i came back from the states. i asked the neighhbours why the house was vacant, and they told me that our mother had passed away.

"i went to the cemetry and found my mother's gravetsone, along with two letters. i read them both, and i just..." jaesung finds himself choking up and he looks up, blinking the tears away.

"your letters moved me so so much. just from those two letters, i could see how much love you both had for one another.

"and it really inspired me to write this book. and i don't want this to come off as me using your story as a success stunt.

"i wrote this book as a tribute for you both. a tribute to two very broken people, coming together and hold the ability to mend each others' hearts, even when theirs weren't. you both put each other both before yourselves, and that is something that i have learnt.

"i hope you both are happy together up there, in each others' arms, giving each other the love and warmth that you both deserve no less of. wait for me when i come back, i'll come back and give a face-to-face apology for all that you have gone through, jaehyun.

"i love you, mom and dad. and i love you, little bro. thank you for all that you have done. this one is for the three of you, and a very special girl named yujin."

"and with that, i officially publish my book, she's in the rain."

jaesung puts down the mic and takes a bow, allowing the tears to finally escape from his eyes. his heart's burden was finally lifted.

and beyond all the cheers, claps and standing ovations received, jaesung smiles as he closes his eyes, and sees the only people that mattered his parents, jaehyun, and yujin all clapping for him as well.

and as jaesung comes back up and looks across at his book cover, he can't help but clap as well. not for himself, but for his family.

the end.
🌧