━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝘃𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-seven: murphy's law █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-seven: murphy's law
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-seven: murphy's law █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    INDIRA CAN'T FIND POE. And — in hindsight — that should have been her first sign that something was wrong. Whatever weird understanding she had come to with Holdo, Poe had not been a part of it and Indira needs to tell him about it before he goes and does something rash. Despite her personal dislike for Holdo, she knows that there must have been some reason that Leia trusted her. Her aunt never would have allowed an incompetent person to serve as a commanding officer in the Resistance and for that sole reason, Indira is willing to give the vice admiral the benefit of the doubt one last time.

    Of course, it wasn't as if she had many other options. Finn, Rose, and Stefan had yet to even sneak onboard the First Order cruiser when she had seen them in her dream. The odds that they would somehow be able to make it onto the ship and disable the tracker in time were slim to none.

     Eventually, she decides to give up the hunt for Poe. Most of the Resistance members are already helping to load the transports and she knows that she can be of use to them. Besides, she was done playing babysitter for a grown man. If Poe did something reckless, that would be on him. Indira wasn't going to bother with trying to stop him any longer.

     She falls in line beside one of the other ground support workers and helps him move a crate full of supplies across the hangar. As soon as the heavy load is set down, Indira moves on to the next available job and starts to hook up power converters to one of the available transports. However, she doesn't get very far in her job before she is stopped by someone calling her name.

      "Lieutenant Beren! Lieutenant Beren!" C-3PO's tinny voice shouts from somewhere behind her.

     Indira spins around quickly. "Threepio, what's going on?"

      "It's the general!" He replies, sounding frantic. "You'd better go quickly!"

      Indira doesn't think to ask what he means by that. Her mind just zeroes in on one thing — Leia — and everything else becomes a blur. She drops the power converters in her hands and runs, leaving the droid behind before he can elaborate any further on Leia's condition.