Chapter 11

Marcus' P.O.V
"What?!" Was all she managed to say.
I explained her everything. I knew it would be difficult for her to understand this but who else would understand a life without a mate better than her.  I briefed her with what all happened and what is our plan.
"Do as you wish but remember, I will deal with Steel. He is mine to take."
I laughed but I knew my baby sister still couldn't forget the past. She was strong but I know how much she grieved for her mate. Though at present she chose a mate, a practice that is common in our kind. If we are rejected by our mate or the mate dies we can chose a mate who has a similar fate.
Jason slowly walked towards her and hugged her from the side.
"Both of us will decide the fate of Steel, Stella."
As for Jason he too lost his mate in the attack years back. She was busy saving the pups of our pack but landed up dead.
I lost many people that day. That was an unforgettable day. My thoughts were disturbed when
Jessica mind linked me.
"We are here and she is staring at the painting. She has many questions. Would you mind coming."

" on my way."

"Our plan has started executing." I nodded towards Arnold and Jason and left for the library.

Jordan's P.O.V
Jessica took me to their library. I was awestruck looking at the massive size . It was huge. But what caught my attention was a huge painting on the door. It was of a wolf. That was weird, I saw in this house many images of wolves.
"Your family loves wolves." I laughed and saw Jessica joining with a nervous laughter.
" come on, I will show you around."

What I realised was that this library were not just full of books but different photographs of different eras. I walked past many. I stopped at many photos where I could see young Mark and Jess.
As I walked past an image I stopped because this photo had many familiar faces .

It was a like a family photo. It consisted of a younger version of Sophie sitting besides a smiling man. Jessica in Arnold's arms, another young girl with braces with a young boy in their teens holding hands, a very young Mark who had an angry expression, a woman sitting besides the man besides whom Sophie sat. The lady looked very similar to the man, maybe they were siblings. There was another man besides the woman. Looking at the woman affectionately. And there was a boy. He was smiling at the camera with a girl in her late teens in his arms. The boy looked so familiar to Luke. I was shocked.

"You and Luke are family?"
I saw Jessica fumble. She was nervous as if a deer caught in headlights. She didn't know what to say but I saw her eyes fog. I looked at her patiently waiting for her response.

"Yes" said a male voice.  I turned around to see Mark standing there.
I was shocked.
"This is so twisted. Why didn't you tell me Jess."
I looked at her accusingly.
"Because we didn't talk about the past ever."
"But you guys are a family. You knew how much I wanted one. I was an orphan, Luke never discussed his family and you didn't too."
I was hurt, my husband and best friend lied to me from so many years.
"I am sorry Jordy." She said trying to console me.
"Why?" I asked her with pleading look.
"Because it is complicated." Mark replied. 
I looked back at the image.
"Who is she?"  I asked pointing at the girl in his arms.
"His ma- wife" Jessica stuttered.
"What?" I screamed.
I felt tears running down my cheeks. I hardly cry. I am happy soul. Tears has always been a foreign entity to me. I was confused. I did not understand what to say or do or ask.
I felt myself engulfed in strong arms. Mark's strong arms. And immediately I felt calm. I knew it was wrong to feel this weird pleasure hugging a man but it felt right. So right that I felt this place belongs to me.
I sniffed and broke the hug.
"I don't understand Jess. If he has a wife then why marry me. Luke loves me. He never told me about this."

"He never told you anything." Mark snapped.
"He had a wife, she died."  Jess told me looking at the ground.
"How? How long has it been. I want to know everything Jess. I need to talk to Luke."

"You wouldn't want to know how she died Jordy, but I am sure Luke will tell you the rest. It is his story to tell." Saying this Jessica handed me a smaller copy of that picture to keep and walked away.
I noticed Mark was still had his hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at him.
"Why?" I asked. I didn't know why did I ask that. What did the question mean. What did I want to know ? The reason why he held me? The reason why I felt so comfortable with him. The reason why I felt cheated.
"Trust me Jordan, everything will be clear. And I will be there for you."
It was too much stress for me. I felt my eyes drooping and darkness engulfing me.