f i f t e e n

Chaeyoung never thought she would actually have to block Dahyun's number to keep her from texting and calling. She took action as soon as she saw Mina's name in the series of texts, not wanting to be reminded of her not wanting to hear anything about that stupid picture she stole. She, for once, just wanted to be alone and to wallow in her sadness.

She completely screwed up. She didn't deserve Mina. All her efforts went to waste because Mina will never talk to her again. All that Japanese she paid for...

Chaeyoung sighed as she shifted in her bed, trying to get comfortable enough for a nap. She had planned for Mina to stay the whole afternoon.

Her eyes focused on the plain ceiling above her, not an ounce of drowsiness in her system. Maybe if she had cried before, then she'll be asleep. But crying means gaining a headache, and Chaeyoung didn't want to add onto her pile of problems.

Just when she tried screwing her eyes shut in hopes that they grow tired, she heard frantic knocks at her door. For a second she laid there, wondering who it could be. It wasn't Mina. It couldn't be her. Unless there was something wrong and she came to Chaeyoung for help!

The small girl threw the covers off and rushed to the door. Her shaky hands struggled to unlock the door, but she eventually got it open...

...to see Dahyun there.

The younger frowned and pushed the door closed. But before it closed, a foot was stuck in the door.

"Chae, please hear me out! I have something to tell you!" Dahyun exclaimed.

"I'm not in the mood," Chaeyoung murmured.

"Come on! It's about Mina and that picture—"

"I don't care! You're the reason she hates me now!"

"It's for your own good, Chae! That picture? It's of a dead person!"

"Yeah? No dip, Sherlock!"

Chaeyoung pushed the door closed, but Dahyun was stronger, as she wiggled her way through the opening. The smaller glared at her before pointing to the door.

"Out."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"Because I'm mad at you. Now, leave me alone. You've already caused enough harm."

"Where's the picture?" Dahyun asked, as if she didn't hear Chaeyoung.

"Mina has it now. Get out!"

"You can't tell her I told you this—"

"I don't want to hear it!"

Dahyun has never been this stubborn before, and it was irritating Chaeyoung. Why couldn't she just leave and let Chaeyoung be sad and alone? It's seriously all she wanted at that point.

"The picture is of Mina's ex-girlfriend!"

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, letting her arm drop to her side. "What?"

"Mina's girlfriend in Japan—yeah, she had a girlfriend before—died in a car accident that was Mina's fault. And she felt so guilty and sad and that's why she has a picture. Her name was Hirai Momo. She was going to be a dancer or something. At least, that's what Sana told me."

The information Chaeyoung was being given sounded so random. She didn't know what to make of it.

"Well, I'm sorry that she died. But why are you telling me this?"

"So you can stay away from her! There's no telling what type of accident she can cause that can end in your...your death, Chae...I don't want you to die..."

Dahyun's gaze lowered as her bottom lip poked out. All she wanted to do was protect Chaeyoung, and the younger pushed her away.

"I'm sorry, unnie," Chaeyoung sighed, pulling the older into a hug.

The two stood there for a good minute or two, just hugging one another. It felt nice to be in her friend's grip again. Like how they used to be before Chaeyoung moved and Mina came into the picture.

"I knew she was a murderer," Dahyun whispered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

Look at me updating fast :D