Anchor

CHAPTER TWO
🌙

My body was chilled to the bone as I slowly let my head fall down but started to peel off layer after layer of clothing

My body was chilled to the bone as I slowly let my head fall down but started to peel off layer after layer of clothing. I knew this was my father's doings. Of course, no ordinary student would have to do this, but what can you do with an overprotective father?

My mind seemed to ramble on theories as to why I shifted out of nowhere. Was it an emotional connection for a reason, or maybe someone was out to get me? But who? No one was out to get my father or mother as far as I knew, but then again, my father was a notorious man whore, so maybe a vengeful woman? Who could harness such power, though? We were led to believe we held most of the regime.

"Ok, My Princess, please hold your arms out and try to keep your head up. I will not touch, just examine for any wounds. If I was to find anything-- I would need to take images to document them."

I did as I was told and sucked in a breath as I held my eyes shut. I couldn't watch as someone, even another woman, literally inspected my body. I felt too open... To vulnerable. Though I didn't feel any different, I knew something wasn't right, and my suspicion was confirmed when I heard a low 'oh my' from behind me.

Eyes wide open, I turned, and she twisted her face into an odd expression as if trying to hide an emotion before going over to her desk and pulling out the oldest camera I think I had ever seen.

The flashes did nothing for my nerves as she went from my front to my back and snapped two pictures.

"You may dress... Afterward, may I ask that you please take a seat and relax while I go transfer these images to the King?"

She looked worried, but I could tell she was trying to hide it very well, and all I could do was nod as I pulled my pants back up and watched her leave. What had she seen? Should I look, or should I wait? My mind battled urges, but my common sense was lost as I walked over to the slim wall mirror, and Everything seemed to freeze. Everything about me looked normal until I reached my hips...

"No— This can't happen."

It was decent-sized, still a puffy and red image resting on my hip as if it had always belonged there

It was decent-sized, still a puffy and red image resting on my hip as if it had always belonged there. My eyes watered. Looking at the black anchor on my hip, turning the slightest to my back, I felt like my word was sinking around me.

 Looking at the black anchor on my hip, turning the slightest to my back, I felt like my word was sinking around me

Another, more detailed anchor, freshly puffy and red, lay there almost like it was always there. The cHoly Gods knew it wasn't, though.

This was a nightmare. It all made sense now... But, randomly shifting back to my proper form, all my emotional breakdowns recently, and the hollowness I kept feeling inside, it wasn't a promising breakthrough.

No, it was terrible and horrifying. I would be shunned by my royal family now or forced into something I desperately did not want.

I couldn't stare any longer as I pulled the rest of my clothes and shoes on, sitting in the chair once more in front of the nurse's desk. I wanted to ball. Nothing of this magnitude had rocked the royals in decades.

I could feel myself slowly sinking into a more profound shock as I placed a trembling hand on my hip. The old nurse burst into the room with fear, and sorrow laced her crow eyes.

"Come, Princess, you have been instructed to make your way home in haste... Your mother awaits you."

I nodded in understanding, this was the most unthinkable circumstance to fall upon me in my short life, and I could only imagine the fear going through my mother's mind. Although she was a caring woman, many thought the world of her, while others seemed to think she was some sort of evil woman that manipulated her way through life.

It was laughable, really. My mother was forced to marry my father years and years ago, so how did she manipulate anyone? Arranged marriages are common even nowadays, but when my parents were wed, it was all anyone did. Their beloved parents knew best, and it was still ubiquitous in royalty.

I was supposed to be arranged to marry someone of high stature and good genes. Someone my parents picked when the time came, and I trusted them to do so. Now, as I walked out the school's back door and stood beside the old nurse waiting for my ride. I questioned what was to happen now. This was a huge deal, no, this was a ginormous cluster fuck, and I sat in the middle.

My new marks stung. Rubbing them didn't seem to help, but I couldn't help my hand as it slowly but firmly pressed and rubbed at them. Did the Holy Gods have a sense of humor? Was there some mix-up? I knew none of these was possible, but a girl could wish, right?

"Gods help me..."

It was a whisper intended for no one to hear, but I felt a shiver run through me and wondered if someone might have. I silently prayed the Gods listened to my plea as I stood blankly looking ahead, my mind racing with emotions I wouldn't wish on my closest enemy.

 I silently prayed the Gods listened to my plea as I stood blankly looking ahead, my mind racing with emotions I wouldn't wish on my closest enemy

I'm not sorry for all the swear words, and it just seemed to fit her personality so well. Should I mark this as mature for the foul language?? Hmm... insights, please! 🤣🤣