Chapter Twenty One

Rosé

My eyes blink with slumber as the breeze courses through my body.

Daniel is taking me home.

After what we did, whatever is going on between us has intensified. He's seen me at my most vulnerable state and I was so comfortable. He made me feel good and because of him, I was able to have an orgasm. He touched me so softly and with care but also with desire. I never would have thought I'd be letting a guy touch me after what happened but Daniel came into my life like hope.

Stealing a peek at Daniel, I admire his side profile—long eyes lashes, nose to lips to jaw ratio is hot, his hair is disheveled. I glide my eyes along his taunt arms, his honey skin color so tempting. His right hand is resting on the gearshift so I grab it and bring it onto my lap. I turn his wrist and look at the tattoo on the inside of his elbow.

"Aphrodite." I softly hum, his eyes sparkling.

His hands are so big compared to mine and veins curl up his arm making my thighs ache in need.

"I love Greek Mythology." He casually shrugs, my eyes widen in surprise.

"You do?"

Daniel intertwines his fingers with mine.

"Yeah."

I love Greek Mythology so the fact he loves it too makes me happy.

"Why the goddess of love?" I wonder.

Daniel's smile is light, almost woeful.

"Because she represents what we all look for and deserve," he looks at me, "Love."

My heart skips a beat at his unexpected, genuine reason.

Love is what we all deserve, whether it's loving someone else or loving yourself. I almost gave up on love after what had happened but when my heart started beating irregularly whenever I saw Daniel, I decided to give it another chance.

Love In The Sky by The Weeknd plays in a quiet hum as I stare out into the rainy night. It's so dreamy and peaceful and surreal.

"I love the rain." I stare star-struck at the rain.

Rainy days are the best. I get to stay snuggled in my bed with Binx and my favorite books to endlessly read.

Then a flash of lightning brightens the twilight sky. I flinch and Daniel laughs.

"But not thunder, thunder scares me." I pout.

"Why?"

"It's so intimidating..."

It reminds me of those dark nights.

Daniel chuckles and soon I'm drifting into a comfy sleep.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"Baby."

A soft caress on my cheek wakes me from my soundless slumber and when my eyes meet Daniel's, I smile warmly. I look out the window and see that I'm home so I unfasten my seatbelt and open the door. Daniel slams his car door as he steps out.

He walks around until he's standing in front of me. I look up at him and regret it because I want to kiss him so badly.

"Can I ask you something?" Daniel places one arm against his car, next to my head.

"Yeah."

His eyes stare at me in frustration and wonder.

"Why do you let me touch you?"