Memory Shard

Reo did not need to be told by Hyoto that he was suffering from heart-burn. Heart-burn meant literally what it was called. A heart being toasted. Reo understood that Hyoto didn't want to worry them, what Hyoto did not know was that not telling them caused them to worry more. It was fine however, they had Linker.

Linker had joined instantaneously the moment she heard that Hyoto was the leader. She had some kind of Hyoto-philia or whatever, the creeps she gave Reo.

Her quirk consisted on linking her mind to someone else's by just looking at them hence being able to know what they felt and thought. So whenever she looked at Hyoto, she would be in the brink of tears. That was enough for Reo to know that Hyoto's health was not getting any better. He had to swallow those burning pills or literally freeze to death.

Kabu Hoshio walked into the living room. His quirk allowed to turn anything he ate to energy hence the abundance of muscle. He ate too much and had too much energy which he would spend by exercising and martial arts. Apparently studying sucked too much energy out of him than working his body, the only reason why Kabu threw his books. Fortunately, Kabu couldn't give up on food so he would have too much energy to sleep. He was the perfect watchdog. 

"How's Doctor Snow?" Reo asked as he stopped zapping metals, chips, and etc. together. Many would have thought that his quirk was his intelligence and being able to create mechanical stuff from scratch but that was just a bonus. His quirk was Water Manipulation. He would use the water in the air and create some sort of illusion. For example, he could create a  3D layout of a building. While it took too much concentration and brain power to extract water depending on how humid the air was, Reo had practiced it as he grew but he always had two litres of water with him.

"His stomach pain calmed down for a bit. He should completely be recovered by the time the meeting with Overhaul is done."

Reo nodded approvingly, "We can't have Doctor Snow meet Overhaul... At least not when we don't know what it is that they want."

"Linker will stay with Snowie~" Linker said happily as she danced around and into Hyoto's room.

Kabu chuckled but Reo did not share the same joy as he buried his face into his hands. The smaller of the two present in the living room couldn't help but wonder why he allowed such a person into the team. Ah right, it was because the leader himself didn't tell how he actually felt.

"No, Kabu is staying with Doctor Snow and you and I will be seeing Overhaul. I need you to do your thing with that guy, mainly because I just don't know how his brain works."

Linker pouts first but then brightened up, "So Reoreo is stupid?"

"That's not what I said, numbskull," Reo snarled. He didn't like it when someone called something less than intelligent, because it was something he was not, far from it. He didn't want to hear it, specially, from Linker at least. Kabu had enough brain membranes to know not to insult him.

"I said it was only Overhaul, meaning I know just exactly what you want to do to the doctor if I leave you alone with him so I am taking you so you can actually be useful for once. Don't forget it was Overhaul who wanted to have the doctor as an alliance, I only want to know why."

Kabu scratched his head in confusion, "I heard that the guy was strong, so what's the problem? Isn't it good if we have a strong ally watching our back?"

Reo nodded, understanding Kabu's confusion. At least Kabu acted the intelligence that he had.

"While that is true, Overhaul wouldn't associate with people who share the same ideal as him. He will want us to either succumb under his rule or kill us but he wants to work with us even though we have different ideals."

Linker still pouted, "Linker wants to stay with Snowie."

"Do Snowie a favor and get the motive of Overhaul," Reo growled.

"Will that make Snowie happy?" Linker brightened.

"Very."

———————————————

Hyoto was not happy. Terribly so. No one should take light of his stomach being intolerant to milk and coffee making him feel to giddy.

I should have known, Hyoto moaned in frustration. Yes, he should have know because he knew just how important this meeting was. It was important because he was meeting with a dangerous person and of course his companions would do anything to keep him safe, specially Reo. This was not the first time it happened and definitely would not be the last.

And of course Reo had to leave Kabu in charge. If Linker was in charge, she would have let Hyoto do whatever he wanted. Maybe even go after Reo to attend the meeting. Kabu, in the other hand, loved to keep Hyoto in bed and baby him like the baby that he wasn't.

"Kabu-sa-"

"No."

Reo moaned in distress.

———————————————

A pair of golden eyes stared into Reo's. The intensity that carried unnerved Reo very much but of course the intelligent teen was not only intelligent but was also a mask expert. His mask of indifference was very potent but he could feel cold sweat forming on his nape.

"Where is he?"

His voice was cold and detached covered in a nice tone that made Reo's spine shiver in unpleasant ways. He felt Linker, who was at least 4 steps away, move closer to him and hide her small form behind him. This meant that this dangerous brunette was bad news, maybe even terrible news by the way Linker had grasped his shirt and was trembling in what he could guess was fear.

"I'm afraid that you'll have to be more specific," Reo offered a calm but cheeky smile before his eyes glinted dangerously, "But you wouldn't be referring to our beloved and pure leader, yes?"

Overhaul kept quiet, studying, analysing the representative in front of him. Reo was trying to say something and he was good at driving the other to egg for him to make his point. His eyes glinted just like the ones Overhaul would see every morning through his mirror. The way Reo carried his weight, almost majestic, was something Overhaul took notice of when he had arrived to the agreed place.

Overhaul held back a snort. Two could play this game.

"I made it perfectly clear that I wanted to see him and talk to him. So why is the dirty rat like yourself here and not the pure and clean doctor here?"

A finger twitched. Reo was not pleased to someone calling him a rat but he kept his smile neutral.

"You see, my lovely doctor is someone who will get severe stomach aches just by the sight of something as simple as milk. What makes you believe that he will be able to stomach the sight of you?"

What makes you better than milk? Goes unsaid.

Fuck off you disgusting piece of shit is what hid behind the unsaid.

Silence sprouted like a seedling and the nerves on the boss and the representative popped out of their necks. They were waiting for the first person to slip and attack because they both knew that they were as equally as dangerous just as equally as a person.

Overhaul's suddenly smiled at Reo, as if he had the upper card and was playing Reo like a ragdoll.

"Well, I want to meet Todoroki Hyoto..."

"... Hi, I'm Hyoto... and you are?"