Chapter 14

** REBEL SIMMONS POV **
POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING BELOW

*************************************************
"REBEELLL!" My intoxicated father screamed as he stumbled across the dim parking lot.

He was drunk... again. Surprise surprise.

I despised the weekends. Those were the days my mother worked doubles and her restaurant, so I was assigned the horrid task of picking up my belligerent father from bar he frequented. Being 13, I wasn't old enough to get a drivers permit, let alone a license. Luckily I read a handful of books on driving techniques and street regulations, and it was easier than I would have thought.

Driving was something that relaxed me. Being behind the wheel and tuning out the world, if only for a short while. I quickly became fascinated with driving when I was 13, the first time I had to pick up my father.

I unlocked the door as he stumbled into the passenger seat of our beat up 1992 Chevy Silverado, an half full bottle of vodka in his hand.

"Your late you stupid piece of shit." He said as he took another pull from the cheap vodka as he punched my arm roughly. I looked at the cracked clock on the dashboard - 12:01AM. I was a minute late.

"S-sorry Dad." I said as tried to focus on the road instead of the throbbing pain in my arm.

"What did I say about calling me that?!" He screamed as he hit the dashboard.

"S-s-sorry Johnny." I stuttered. I continued driving down the deserted street as my father continued his verbal attack.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

We stopped at a stoplight, without a single car around. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves being in such a close proximity to my father.

As he took another pull of his bottle, a cop slowly rolled up next to our car. His eyes widened as it watched my father drink his vodka. His eyes trailed to me in shock before blue and red lights lit up the barren street.

My future is over. I'm going to juvie. I'm going to be a damn delinquent.

"RUN, BITCH RUN!" My father screamed as he hurled the bottle of vodka out the open window towards the cop car, shattering it and drenching the officers drivers side door with liquor.

I floored it, skidding as I sped through the intersection. The officer quickly following behind me.

Maybe juvie isn't such a bad idea. I'd get three meals a day, an actual bed, unlimited time to read my books... what the hell am I thinking? It'll ruin my future, it'll ruin my life. My mom would be left alone.

The officer was gaining on us. I sped up, pushing the old Silverado past its limits. I weaved thought the few cars on the road attempting to lose the cop, but it was no use.

"PULL OVER NOW." The Officer yelled through his speakers.

"Fuck you!" My father said sticking out of the window and flipping him off.

I was so distracted looking at the glaring lights in my rear view mirror, that I didn't notice a sharp turn I was rapidly approaching.

I quickly looked at my speedometer, the angle of the upcoming turn, and calculated the torque and weight of our truck. I held my breath and hoped my hasty calculations were correct.

I pulled up on the emergency brake as I stepped on the gas, effectively drifting the right corner. The cop, who was going into the turn to fast, flipped his car over and rolled slamming into a light pole.