-Chapter 33-

I teleport ahead of the jet, I have to get there first. I land and shuffle through the snow the house looks alright but who knows what waits inside.

I go looking room by room until I come to the back den. I see two people sitting on the couch facing away from me, I hold my breath and walk around. I gasp and stumble backwards at the sight in front of me, Evelyn and Adam have been shot I already know their gone.

I click on the coms.

"Guys? Anyone got a copy"? I ask failing to keep my voice even.

"We copy" Clint says.

"Keep Ash on the jet. Do not let her go in the house" I say practically running out of the room.

"Ok" That's Steve.

I teleport onto the jet, landing with a soft click of my boot heels.

"Mia"? Ash asks her big blue eyes boring holes into me.

I turn to Natasha.

"We need a Shield team out here- clean this up. Phantom was here" I whisper.

She nods pulling out her phone to make the call. Clint and Steve leave to check the surrounding woods Tony and Thor go in the house to check for evidence of Phantom. Leaving myself and Bruce with Ash.

"What is going on Mia"? Ash asks again tugging on my hand.

I'm having flashbacks of when I was told my parents were dead, how crushed I was or how quiet Tony was for the longest time.

"There's something I need to tell you" I say kneeling down in front of her.

I tell her and I sit on the floor of the jet holding the small 11 year old as her world crumbles around her. Eventually her cries turn into long slow breaths meaning sleep but I don't dare put her down.

"Phantom is going to pay for this" Bruce mutters ruefully.

"Your damn right" I say unconsciously  hold Ash tighter.

The others trickle back to the jet, the mood somber and quiet. We fly back to the tower without saying a word, nothing can be said to make this better.

I carry Ash inside despite my aching ribs, I lay her on the couch and sit down at her feet. I lost track of how long I have been sitting here just sitting with Ash.

"Hey Sparkles. I think you should go to bed its really late" I blink and Clint is kneeling by my knees.

I rub my eyes squinting at him in the low light.

"I don't want to leave her alone, after something like that someone should stay. I wish someone would have when my parents died" I say shifting regretting not changing out of my suit.

"Jarvis will keep an eye on her, won't you Jarvis" Clint asks.

"Of course Agent Barton" Jarvis replies.

I sigh heavily fighting back a yawn thus proving Clint's point.

"Jarvis wake me if she needs me" I say as Clint holds out his hand for mine.

"He will" Clint says walking me down the hall to my room.

"That was awful, telling her that her parents were dead" I say letting my voice trail off.

He nods slowly, today as a whole was long and difficult. I sit on the edge of my bed a million questions bounce around in my head, there are so many it makes my head ache.

"Hey? Mia listen. Phantom is going to pay for this, he will we are going to get him" Clint says putting his arm around my shoulders pulling me to his side.