why him?

(Draco's POV)

Draco was sitting in his office when it happened. He was thinking about him and how he wished he'd done something while they were both in school. Then the alarm went off. Draco's heart skipped a beat every time he heard it. He should be used to it by now seeing as he'd been working in the hospital for a year and a half now but hearing it hadn't gotten any easier. Draco jumped up from his seat and sprinted up the stairs into the ICU. His stomach dropped when he saw the person who had set off the alarm. He stood there frozen for a moment. It was him. He was barely recognisable from the blood all over his face but Draco knew who it was.

"What happened? What happened?" Draco exclaimed - as he snapped back to reality - as he ran towards the patient whose heart had stopped.
"Dr. Malfoy! Patient was in a car crash and swerved off a 100 metre high cliff."
Draco's stomach dropped even further and he started to do CPR on him. "Patient's name and age?" Draco asked.

"Harry Potter, 24."

Draco didn't need to ask he already knew. He was giving CPR to the boy he had loved side he was 15 years old. Draco stared at Harry. There was blood everywhere and Harry had shards of glass in his face. He was bleeding heavily from somewhere but Draco didn't care right now. All he cared about was making Harry breathe again. They became good friends after the Great War but lost touch after graduation, Draco wished he had made more of and effort to stay in touch with Harry but was interrupted when all of a sudden Harry stopped flatlining and started breathing.

"Thank you Merlin," Draco muttered.

Draco didn't waste anytime in cutting Harry's shirt to find out where he was bleeding heavily from. Draco felt sick as he looked at the wound on Harry's side.

"Shit." Draco whispered to himself.

"Scrub up!" Draco shouted to anyone who was listening.

"I'm sorry?" Someone asked

All of a sudden Draco notice a pair of emerald eyes staring at him. Draco was pulled out of reality for a moment as he just stared back into those beautiful eyes but snapped back when he heard Harry groan in pain.

"He needs surgery. Scrub up." Draco said. He touched Harry's shoulder. "It's going to be okay, I'll get Ron and Hermione up here." Draco whispered. Harry groaned again and Draco realised there were tears running down Harry's face. Draco quickly washed his hands and prepared himself for surgery. He returned with the anaesthetic and all of the assistants were ready. "Just relax... I'll take care of you." Draco whispered as he gave Harry the anaesthetic.

"Ready for surgery." The assistants said as Draco watched Harry fall asleep. Draco grabbed the tools he needed and started performing surgery.
"Suction," Draco said as he removed the first shard of glass. "Was he given blood when I wasn't there?" Draco asked

"No. We didn't know if he needed some or not." Someone replied as Draco cleared away blood with a tissue.

"Go get this tested. I expect the lab to be fast. We can't afford to lose more than a pint. Once you find out, bring two pints of his type," Draco said. He began to sew up the first major cut. It was a deep cut and this was the better of the three major cuts. About 15 minutes later, just as Draco had finished sewing up,the first cut, the blood came.

"Hook him up. I want someone to find medical records for Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley, phone them and tell them that Harry Potter was in a car crash and is in surgery." Draco said.

"On it." two people said

The second cut was bad, there were little shards of glass stuck in it. Draco took a deep breath and washed out the cut. He began to sew it up whilst praying that Hermione and Ron would come. Draco wished he could use magic to heal Harry. It would be so much quicker and faster and there would be no complications but he knew he couldn't. Draco worked in a Muggle hospital and there was strictly no magic performed or used in the presence of Muggles. He finished on the second major cut and moved on to the third. This was the one that nearly made Draco throw up earlier. It was by far the worst cut Draco had ever seen in his life. It was on his left side, it stretched halfway across his torso and was at least three inches deep. There was a lot of glass in it and a lot of dirt. Everyone in the room went quiet as Draco started to clean it. Draco was positive that it was the worst injury many of the people in the room had seen. After 10 minutes, Draco had cleaned the wound. He began to sew it up and thought to himself. Harry is very lucky to be alive, maybe he can finally be mine Draco thought. He finished sewing up the wound and heard a sigh of relief from everyone. Draco pulled the cover up to Harry's chin and began to study his head. There was a huge bump on the left side of Harry's head.