Chapter Twenty Two

Rosé

As I'm gathering my Chemistry books from my locker, I see Daniel walking down the hall with a basketball in his hands. He's in his uniform that looks so good on him and his hair is ruffled and wet, parted but with a strand falling over his forehead. I hug my books close to my chest feeling flustered as his eyes rake down my body.

Stopping in front of me, he leans an arm against the lockers and crowds me until our lips are a breath away. His eyes are clouded with mischievousness as they stare at my lips. My heart pounds in giddiness and shyness at his sudden presence.

"You didn't cover your hickey." Daniel raspily says.

Oh my gosh! My eyes widen in shock. I forgot to cover it. After I had taken a shower last night, I saw the hickey on my neck and almost fainted. No wonder my brother was furious with me and kind of shouted at me for being irresponsible and got mad at himself for neglecting me. I laughed in his face because Nate has never neglected me. He also may have called Daniel a few colorful names but we're not going to talk about that.

Embarrassment colors my cheeks which makes him laugh. Taking my pen, he opens the lid with his teeth and grabs my wrist. I watch him in surprise as he scribbles down a number.

Daniel smiles with his dimples as he pops the lid back on and walks away.

My pen.

Staring down at the numbers, my tummy swirls in a woozy feeling. He gave me his number.

When I came back to reality, my heart drops to my stomach when I see Wren standing in front of me.

"Hi, Rosé." Wren smiles but it's revolting.

He reaches out and touches my loosely braided hair making me flinch in fear. My breathing becomes ragged as panic quickly drowns me.

"Fuck, I've missed you." Wren smirks, his tongue peeking out to lick his bottom lip.

Stepping back, I tighten my hold on my books, using them as a protective element against this vile creature.

Daniel...Nate...Aaliyah.

Wren crowds my space and I shriek, dread writhing in my eyes as I press myself against the lockers so I can get as far away as possible from him.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stutter, wavering my eyes on him.

Wren smiles, wickedly.

"I'm here to study."

My heart dies in my chest.

"Maybe we can find a little space of our own where we can have our fun. You know, to recreate memories. I know you've missed me." Wren gruffly says as he leans in, his icy blue eyes hurting every part of me.

He reaches out and touches my cheek, his cold filthy fingers brushing along my skin. My skin crawls with disgust and my throat feels so jammed that it becomes difficult to breathe.

I hate his touch.

"Did you miss me, Rosé?"

Wren takes a foreboding step toward me, resting an arm against the lockers until he's so close, it's frightening. The memories of those heartbreaking, nauseating nights flash before my eyes. I feel claustrophobic. My chest tightens in discomfort when he touches my arm.

"What the fuck is going on?" Kai's vicious growl makes Wren pause.

Relief washes over me like a gigantic wave.

"Get the fuck away from her." Matthew steps towards him and the boy steps back with an amused grin.

"Leave." Kai steps between Wren and me, nose to nose with the boy.