Not today

June 01, 20XXMonday

June 01, 20XX
Monday

Day by day,

I learn something new about Taehyung.

Curiosity got the best of me.

It was like I dipped my toes into the ocean for the first time and fell in love with it's teasing embrace.

But I wanted more.

So I got on a ship with my traveler's notebook hugged tightly to my chest and started my journey to his heart.

And day by day, 

I would write in my little journal.

I would write everything I saw and learned along my way there.

But what happens if the sea isn't all smooth sailing?

What happens if the waves get too rough and my ship tips over?

What if I never get there?

I laugh a little at myself as I stare at my umph shot of Soju.

Why am I thinking like this?

I lift my head up and stare at the scene before me,

Taehyung and Jungkook are being grasped by the others as their nostrils flare.

Oh that's why.

"Guys just stop it! Seriously you still haven't let this go?!" Namjoon stands between Yoongi and Hoseok who are holding the youngers apart. "For god's sake, just listen to him, Taehyung." 

"Why do you guys always baby him?!" He yanks away from Hoseok's hold to stare at Namjoon with all the hurt he has been carrying.

"Why can't you be on my side for once? Are you guys even my friends?"

Yeri frowns. "We care about yo-"

"No." Taehyung's voice quavers. "Don't lie. Nobody here really cared about me until you all thought I was dying!"

Everyone grows silent. 

"That's not true." Yoongi's low, calm voice tries to defuse the situation as he cocks his head to the side.

"It is true!" Taehyung gets up and almost falls over.

Immediately everyone rushes to his side.

The corner of Taehyung's mouth lifts as he laughs bitterly. "Remember last time I got drunk. How many of you guys came to my rescue when I almost fell over?"

I gulp and look over at Jungkook, his eyes are all red with tears threatening to spill over any second.

He was nervous about apologizing.

I lied and told him it would be okay.

I guess I didn't know Taehyung as well as I thought.

"I got some news for all of you." Taehyung waves the Soju in his hand, laughing a little. 

He leans over as he reveals his secret, "I'm not dying."

Confused, everyone searches for the truth in his eyes.

Jungkook looks like he was about to pass out, a mix of emotions flickering over his face.

He just found out that his ex-best friend wasn't dying anymore.

He no longer felt that he was going to lose him forever.

Taehyung's eyes dart over to Yeri's.

"You would do anything to keep Jennie and I apart, wouldn't you?"

Yeri fumes in anger, she looks over at me and I feel a sense of panic.

"You told-" She was about to start, but Taehyung cut her off.

"Enough. Why didn't you tell anyone, Yeri?" He smirks hotly, "That your uncle was the nation's top oncologist?"

More secrets are revealed.

Yeri shuts up and shakes her head.

"I found out this morning. Why don't you tell everyone what you did? That you wanted to "test" Jennie. I mean you would never really lose the money, right? If she took the money, you would file a report for it. But if she got the best oncologist with it... Well, it would make it's way back to you."

I grip onto the table.

She played me?

 Yeri starts crying. "Taehyung..."

Taehyung stumbles his way towards me and yanks me out of my chair---not realizing how forceful he was being. 

I crash into him and wrap my arm around his own.

"I'm done with all of you. Especially you." He smiles sadly at Jungkook. "But now that I'm not dying, it doesn't matter does it?"

Jungkook stays fixated on Taehyung.

 "So you...could apologize to me...when you really mean it."

Holding tightly onto my wrist, Taehyung pulls me out of the bar.

I glance up at Taehyung, who stares on straight with no plans to look back.

Tears rolling down his cheek, he marches forward with my hand in his.

Today, I learned...

That Taehyung does not forgive easily.

What will happen when it's my turn to ask for forgiveness?