Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?

The bravest thing you will ever do is love again.

~Madelyn beck

Ariana's POV

Warm bright sunlight hit my face making me rub my eyes lazily. There's a window beside this couch which is a little creepy at night but I don't mind it. At least, I wasn't sleeping on the cold floor.

I slowly let my eyes flutter open only for them to widen at the sight in front of me.

Daniel stood in front of the wardrobe in his full glory with just a towel wrapped around his waist as he scanned the dresses in display.

I quickly looked away. My cheeks flushed. Oh my....he had a really nice body like those of models. It seems like he really works out. And his wet black hair that fell on his forehead in a messy manner made him look more God-like. He's really a piece of art!

What is wrong with me?! I'm praising this arrogant man's body. I am literally going nuts!

Snap out of it, Ariana! He's not your mate!

I muttered that mantra repeatedly in my head and pretended to be asleep until he was out of the room after getting dressed in the closet.

The moment I heard the door shut behind him, I sat up on the couch and exhaled a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.

Dear Lord! This is going to be more difficult than I thought. Especially, with my husband being so attractive.

◇◇◇

I exited the room after freshening up and wearing one of the dresses Ariel bought for me. Ariel had bought me a whole wardrobe of dresses and other things since I didn't bring anything along with myself.

I trolled around in the vast corridors thinking what to do. I couldn't stay in the room the whole day so I had come out to check the castle but I guess, it was a bad idea. I should probably go back to the room.

With that moto in my head, I started heading towards the room but stopped at Ariel's voice.

"Ariana?"

I turned around and saw her standing near the exit door along with James. Both of them were dressed well as if they were to attend a function. Ariel was wearing a beautiful violet coloured gown and James was in a tuxedo.

"I also want to come along with you, Momma!" It was Cami who stood at the other end of the door beside Daniel. Her hands were folded across her chest while she had a huge frown on her cute little face.

"Sweetheart, you can't. The party is for elders. It is dangerous for you to come along with us or else we would have taken you. So, be momma's good girl and stay here with Dan," Ariel patted her daughters head and pecked both of Cami's cheeks earning a giggle from the little girl.

After aiding to her daughter, she looked at me, "I and James will be attending a soiree. We'll be back by midnight," she informed me, "Please take care of Cami. She seems to be quite fond of you," she smiled.

"I will" I assured her with a nod and smiled back.

Ariel exchanged few words with Daniel while James played with his daughter for a while before the both of them left in the carriage.