Chapter 41

"Hey Siri...where do babies come from?" I asked my phone.

Siri was acting like a complete whore. I asked her if she would be my friend, and the little cunt told me she wasn't capable of being my friend.

That lazy piece of shit.

I groaned, sitting back in the luxurious couch of my house. I brought my legs up to my chest and sighed.

I was trying my best not to think of the man I killed. It felt wrong to dwell on it. I knew I would pussy-out and break down if I put too much thought into it.

I pulled out my phone again to see if Rachel had texted me back.

I had texted her 63 times, and she hadn't responded once. Not one fucking text back. Not even an accidental butt-text.

I was trying my best to understand what she was going through. I understood more than most.

She loved Afanas completely and he loved her the same. Rachel wasn't the kind of girl to take things lightly, she wasn't the type of girl to cry over a guy. Rachel's love was timid and shy, and if a guy ever moved to fast, she'd run away like a deer in headlights.

Rachel wasn't shy with Afanas. She fell for him with her eyes closed and her arms wide open.

And anyone who saw how Afanas looked at her, could tell that he was completely and utterly in love.

"Calla, we gotta talk." Sinister's voice threw me from my thoughts.

"What's up?" I asked, hugging my legs tight to my chest.

"I have to go up to Virginia tomorrow, unfortunately there's some issues I have to take care of, I thought it would be a good learning experience for you, if you came with me." He smiled lazily at me.

"Why do you have to go to vagina?"

"Virginia" he corrected, "and there's some scummy politician I have to deal with."

I tucked my hands into my sleeve, "Can we visit Rachel while we're up there? North Carolina is right next to vagina."

He hesitated, his chiseled face tightening as he pondered my question.

"Are you sure you want to see her so soon?" He asked.

I nodded, "I miss her, I need to see her, even if it's only for an hour. I'm her best friend and I need to be there for her."

He kneeled down next to me, placing his ringed hand on top of mine.

"Do you want to text her and ask if she'd be okay with that?"

I shook my head, "Let's just keep it a surprise. It wouldn't matter if I texted her anyways, she hasn't been responding to any of my calls or texts."

"Okay, that's fine. Do you want to go out to dinner?" He winked.

I faked surprise, "Are you asking me out?"

"I was thinking about it." He mused, his lips tilting up into a small smirk.

"Gosh, I don't know..."

He stood up, ruffling my hair.

"I'll pick you up at 8?"

I stuck my tongue out at him, scrambling out of my seat and racing up the stairs.

"Fuck you whore, I get the bathroom first!" I shouted as I sprinted into the bathroom.

***

We arrived at the upscale restaurant, Sinister looked as sexy as ever, wearing a white collared dress shirt, his glittering gold Gucci watch shone in the low lighting of the restaurant.