Chapter nine_(09)

••Sing with me,
Songs of darkness and morbid victory••

   "Hey...hey, look at me." A voice called, sounding so far away and I frowned, loving the calm and hating the sudden disturbance. "Please, open your eyes," Now warm hands were lightly holding my face to shake me awake. I frowned again and left the state of white bliss I was in and pried my eyes open.

It felt like I could only part my eyes halfway open; opening it all the way felt like a herculean task and as my eyes came into view with the world surrounding me, the pain came rushing through my entire body like a giant angry wave crushing the shores of Miami. I remembered everything—the beating from Stephanie and her minions—and it seemed like I had blacked out for a second as my jaw and every other part of my body throbbed.

"Can you hear me?" The voice came again, and I put my attention away from my pain as I groaned, taking in the concerned sight of the white boy from before. "May, can you hear me?" He called again and a gasp escaped my lips as a memory suddenly waved through my mind in a flash, causing my brain cells to behave in a hyper motion.

***

"It's really cold, why are you out here alone?" The little pale boy with gold blond hair asked me and I just hissed and turned away from him, digging my now numb feet deeper into the snow. I couldn't remember how, but I'd somehow lost my boots.

"Seriously! You could die of frost bite!" He persisted, turning where I turned and I turned away again, too cold and frozen to talk back or try to walk away from him. Mom where are you!

He turned again, squatting in front of me as he peered into my face. "L-l-leave m-me al-lone." I said, teeth chattering wildly as I stumbled over my words.

"You'll lose all your teeth at this rate," He laughed, disregarding my mean behavior. A red crocheted scarf was wrapped around his neck and ears and his hands were wrapped in black gloves. "Come with me, my mom will give you a scarf and hot cocoa." He stood up and held out a gloved hand. The invite was so appealing I was almost on my feet in an instant but then I saw my mom's disapproving stare in my mind.

"N-no." I shivered, teeth still chattering wildly as I wrapped my arms around my body covered in a grey sweater that did little to prevent the cold. My coat was in the car with my parents and somehow, I'd ended up separated from them, with no shoes in the cold, snowy town.

But then I saw a car headlights in the distance and I recognized my dad's black BMW as it got closer. I stood up, a smile on my frozen lips. They'd found me!

"Here, take this then," The boy said bringing my attention back to him and I looked at the red scarf outstretched towards me in his hands; I concluded that he was nice and I took the scarf with a tiny, shy smile. "I'm Wilson, what's your name?" He asked and my eyes trailed to my dad's car that had now stopped close to where we were, the door opening.

"M-Mayowa," I shivered and he frowned a bit.

"I don't think I can pronounce that. Can I just call you May?" He asked as my dad got out of the car and marched towards me. I was ready to jump into his arms and hug him close.

I smiled and then nodded at the white boy and he grinned. I was about to say something else, when a hot slap landed on my cheek.

"Where the hell have you been!" My dad’s voice thundered and I shivered again, holding my right cheek as tears fell out my eyes from the sting of the slap.

To think I had been expecting a hug...

***

"Hey, May are you still awake? Stay with me please," Wilson's prodding voice shook me out of my memories and I stared up at him, tears pooling in my eyes at the sight of the only person that had ever shown care to me as a ten-year old kid.

"Wil--Wilson..." I whispered, and felt pain and exhaustion take over my body.

"You remember!" His eyes widened in shock and his relieved smile was the last thing I saw before falling into the darkness pit, again.

Writers note:

Hey hey hey! So Mayowa finally remembered... 🤥

Lol! Um... I really don't know what to say rn... I'm just huh

**scratches head awkwardly **

Um, maybe I should just go now😁😁

How are you liking the story so far? Hmm? Any favorite characters yet? Any character you want to murder?

I personally want to kill Stephanie, but... I can't...cause well...y'know...

Haha!

Don't forget to vote! 💓

Ciao🤗