Chapter 7

"Oh come on, this isn't fair!" Amber yelled.

"You ran right in front of me, what do you expect?"

"Not friendly fire!"

"Git gud." I laughed.

Amber just stared at me, then checked her phone. "Shit, it's almost midnight."

"We should go to sleep."

"I can sleep here for the night?"

I nodded then headed to my bedroom. "Night." I said as I shut my door.

I laid down and rolled up into my blankets and stared at the ceiling.

No matter how long I laid there, I could not fall asleep. I kept rolling over and over and I eventually got tired of it.

I sat up and looked at the clock, it said it was still midnight.

"What the-?" I grabbed my phone and it said the same. I then looked around and things looked greyed out. "What the hell is going on? A time freeze?"

I got up and headed out of the room and everything was still, no movement, not until I heard faint footsteps by the window.

I activated my ability and stood watching. I don't think they know I'm standing here, whoever it is.

I then felt like something was behind me, and it smelled a little like metal. Knife?

I backed away and grabbed what was in their hand and it then became visible; it was a knife.

"Goddamn it EMBER." I sent a wave to disable their cloaking and they stood there staring.

I seen sparking coming from the back of their pants. Must have shorted their electronics, they may not be able to communicate with others now.

"Shit, we've been spotted!" They then started to bolt for the door when I used my telekinesis to send them flying back.

"Oh no you don't." I sneered. "You're not going anywhere."

The two guys stared at me in shock. "We we heard your old ways have changed."

"Doesn't mean I still can't use my ability." I sighed. "Now explain, why the fuck are you in my house."

"Technically its an apartment.."

I forced them against the wall harder.

"Okay okay! If you let us go, we promise to never come back."

"But I can't put my trust in some scumbag EMBER member that breaks into my apartment. And how would I know you won't go ratting on me to your buddies and having them try to ambush me again."

They gave a startled look at each other.

"My question is... what am I to do with you? I can't just let you go just like that. No... there as to be a punishment for behavior like this." I walked up to them and glared.

"Please just let us go!"

"It won't be that easy..."

I stood there thinking of something that will leave a mark... I could actually leave a mark, a burn mark, of their own symbol. I laughed silently.

"Roll up your sleeves."

"Why..?"

"Now!" I demanded, and they both responded by doing so.

I put one hand on one guy's arm, and my other hand on the other guy's. I then began to burn the mark on their arm. They cried out for me to stop, but I wasn't. This was so they remember not to do shit like this again, and they seemed they wouldn't because of how they acted like babies.

I released my grip to reveal their own symbol burned into their skin. No way of covering that up. "Now, get out!" I commanded, and they immediately booked it out the window, falling to the ground.

I sighed and tried to unfreeze time, which worked thankfully.

"...huh..?" Amber started to get up.

I quickly cleaned up the mess and fixed the window then deactivated my ability.

I glance at the time and see it's almost nine. Wait, time was going this whole time? All that happened within nine hours?! It can't be, it felt like thirty minutes at least... how..?

"Good morning Amber!" I said gleefully, hoping nothing was obvious.

"Kami..? You're awake already?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I thought you wouldn't be up for another hour or two."

"Hmph." I joked with her. "You're up early."

"Nine is not early... six is, and I blame school for that."

"Well, we don't have school anymore so it doesn't matter now."

"You're right, so what's for breakfast?"

"Food." I laughed. "Get ready, I'll take you somewhere."

"Kami." She glared at me. "I don't have clothes here, remember?"

"Oh yeah.."

"Let's go to my house and then we can get breakfast from there after I change."

I nodded and we walked out of my apartment and headed down the street.

Amber looked like a mess to be honest, and I could tell some people were staring. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?"

"Nothing." I hid my smile.

"Stop trying to hide it, I know you were laughing."

"Fine, I was." I then made it obvious I was laughing.

Amber then rolled her eyes and gave a little sarcastic laugh.

"Well, you can't blame me."

Amber just looked at her. "Let's just get there so we can go eat."

We eventually made it to her house and she got to her room and changed as I waited, staring at her food in the kitchen.

"Hey."

I turned and seen Amber changed into comfy clothes and we headed out.

"So where were you planning to take me to eat?" Amber asked.

"Hmm, I don't know, maybe we could get some pizza."

"Pizza for breakfast?"

"Is that a problem?"

"Not at all, just not something I normally eat for breakfast."

"Well I want some pizza so deal with it."

"Okay I will." She laughed.

We walked in the direction of a pizza place when I had the sudden feeling of being watched.