THIRTEEN

All wrapped in one he was so many sins
Would have done anything everything for him
And if you ask me I would do it again
No need to imagine
'Cause I know it's true
They say "all good boys go to heaven"
But bad boys bring heaven to you

I opened the back door and no one was there. I walked to the front of the car and hopped onto the hood. Laying back, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. After a few moments the back door of the club burst open.

"What do you mean you lost her? You were just with her!"

"She said she had to pee and I don't want to hear anything out of you. We're always supposed to be on point, ready for anything but your were too busy with your tongue down that blondes throat!"

I didn't speak as they argued. I stayed on the car, staring up between the two buildings.

"Seriously, dude-" Lance stopped abruptly. "Lyla?"

"Where?" Jaxon snapped. I heard footsteps approach me and I still didn't move. I didn't blink. I didn't breathe.

"Lyla?" Jaxon said, panic evident in his voice. "Lyla, baby."

My heart fluttered at baby but I quickly scolded myself. He's a liar.

He grabbed my hand.

"What's a capo?" I said into the darkness.

Neither of the men spoke. I sat up and looked at them. They were stiff. Jaxon was staring at me and Lance at him. Both sets of eyes were wide.

"What does my father do?"

"Lyla," Jaxon began.

"Do not fucking lie to me. What does my father do and what the fuck is a capo?"

"Let's get in the car. This is no conversation to have in an open alleyway."

"Do you swear to tell me if I get in the car?" I asked like a child.

"Lyla."

"Don't you dare scold me like I'm a child. I'm not a fucking child. I'm a grown ass woman. Start treating me like one or I swear I will walk my ass to the airport and fly right back home."

"Okay," he muttered. I was taken aback at how quickly he gave in. I was expecting more of a fight.

He picked me up by my hips and pulled me off the car. I expected him to put me down but he didn't, he placed his hands under my ass and my legs wove around his waist on instinct. He placed me in the backseat and got in next to me. Lance started the car and pulled away from the club.

"What does my father do?" I asked again.

I saw Lance look back at Jaxon through the mirror.

"If someone doesn't start talking," I warned.

Jaxon turned in his seat and looked at me.
"Your father was supposed to have told you this a long time ago. The longer he waited, the harder it was. So he opted for never telling you and made us swear to secrecy. But, obviously you've figured some stuff out somehow-and we'll get to that later-so I have to tell you." I nodded, urging him to continue. "Your father is the Boss."

"Jaxon-"

"Wait, Lyla. Let me talk," he said, sternly.
I stopped talking.

"Your father is the Boss. He is the Boss of the Mafia."

I choked on my spit. "What?"

"He's a Mafia Boss."

I didn't speak. I shook my head. "No. That's not possible. He's a good man."