Chapter 20: Taken

NARRATOR                   

                       His eyes widened before a bag was put over his head and something was stuck in his neck then everything went black. 

.........................................................

ZANE POV

                      I opened my eyes to see a guy sitting with his elbows on his legs. I have a headache that doesn't really bother me as much as my smashed phone on the table beside him does. He said ''Anything to say big guy?'' I pick my head up and said looking at my destroyed phone ''Your buying me new music.'' He said ''What?''

                      I looked at him and he had a scar across his face and a smirk. I said ''My phone. My music. 20 bucks down the drain. You're buying me music and a new phone.'' He twitched his head to the side as I got hit really hard on the side of the head, no wonder I have a headache. Is this how Christian feels? Nice. 

                      The chair I'm tied to fell and my shoulder hit the ground with a crack. I knew it was broken and I bit my tongue really hard drawing blood not changing my expression from its blank look. Then the guy in the chair crouched in front of me and said ''Look at that, little guy can take a punch.'' I said ''That's what you call a punch. Never would have guessed.'' 

                      He said ''What?'' I said ''That hurt as much as The Magician's punch, so not a lot. Keep telling him to stick to daggers but he never listens.'' The guy said with a smile ''So you do know The Magician and Chains. I could tell by the way you caught the dart with your fingers.'' I looked up at him with my blank expression for a second. 

                      Then  said ''I just know my surrounding, those two couldn't catch a ball if it was dropped into their hands.'' The guy laughed picking me up by my arms, which hurt like a bitch with my busted shoulder. My hair fell into my face and he put me back down on the floor. He brought someone in tied to a chair. 

                        He left them sitting in the dark. The persons head hung by what I could see from their silhouette. They turned on a light above them and pulled the persons black hair back and it was Rosemary. My face fell to an emotion I tried to hide from these guys but I couldn't hold back the worry I held for my sister. 

                          I lost my father who I was very close to for a drunk pill popping stepfather who hates Rosie and me. All I want is to protect my sister and mother. By how she looked they'd hurt her. She was bruised and out cold. I started messing with the zip tie around my wrists till I got it off. 

                          I got it off then a dart was shot at me and I threw it back from where it came from hitting the shooter. I kicked a guy in the face then threw him into the lead guy just as I ran to Rosemary I felt a sharp pain in my neck then I was surrounded by darkness. 

.............................................................

NARRATOR 

                       Everyone was at the hideout chillin' waiting for Zane and Rosemary. Ski and Christian were throwing a ball back and forth while Blizzard was asleep on Phantoms back who was also sleeping. Alyssa was playing Pacman on the computer. Beverly was sharpening a knife, while Lucy looked at pictures of her and Zane at the fair. 

                        As they sat there in the quite Rosemary ran in frantically. She was crying and shacking. Christian ran to her side and said ''What's wrong, Rose?'' She said ''Z-z-z...'' Alyssa said ''Breath. In and out.'' Rosemary took in a breath and said ''Z-Zane went out for a w-walk last night and... and he didn't come h-home.''

                        She took another shaky breath and continued ''S-so I walked his walking path and th-their was blood on the sidewalk, and-and his headphones, wallet, and h-hoodie we-were just laying there.'' Christian took her to where she sat every day. Alyssa said ''What street does he walk down?'' She said ''Bellevue Avenue...'' Fading off at the end. 

                            They looked at the camera footage after Alyssa hacked into it. They watched and saw Zane freeze right before he got something put into his neck. Ski said ''That's unlike Zane to freeze up.'' Christian said ''Yea, or let someone put some strange substance into his neck without a fight.'' Alyssa said ''Yea.'' Lucy said ''We need to find him.'' 

                             They looked at Rosemary who was no longer crying or shaking she just sat there, no emotion, no movement. She was just there, like something in her very being died. She was a shell of who she used to be. Not responsive to anything. Ski said ''As much as I don't like seeing her like this where can we look, Lucy. These guys could have taken Zane anywhere.'' 

                                Beverly said ''Yea he could be in Georgia for all we know.'' Alyssa said ''Unless Rosemary didn't see his phone on the sidewalk which means they either still have it in the van they drove away with him in or they have it at their base.'' Ski said ''Why not follow the Van with street cameras?'' 

                                Alyssa said ''The path they took had 20 cameras. 10 of them are turned off. No picture no way to know which ways they went unless I look at 40 other camera's that could be out. His phone on, off, or broken is the better shot.'' She tracked his phone to a building 2 hours away, in Starling. Christian said ''Road trip.'' Ski said ''Oliver trip?''

                                Everyone looked at her and she said ''Oliver lives in Starling, and he'll be a big help.'' Alyssa said ''I'll send this footage to Felicity and tell her you're on your way.'' They put their suits in the bags and Lucy said '' You're staying here, Alyssa?'' Alyssa said looking back at Rosemary ''Someone needs to stay here with her, I don't think she's up for a road trip.'' 

                                   Ski said ''An old friend will be by in an hour or so to keep an eye on you. Her name's Jo.'' Ski hands her a picture ''And this is her and some of her servants in case she sends one of them instead.'' Beverly said ''And there are some guns taped under your desk in case it's someone unknown to us.'' They got into the van and started their drive. 

 .................................................................................

ZANE POV

                     I woke up in a....

(1100 word) 

(Ducky will be doing picture edits, and my sister has taken over grammar and spelling. She's been pestering me forever to let her, so she's doing it now. Along with going back to my old stories not including 'House owner fanfic' and fixing them as well.) 

(1149 words)