Chapter 22

Art By: @YeetSkeetDelete

It's Mondayyy! If you didn't know, I update every Monday, because Mondays suck, so I want to try to make them a little better for y'all : D

Enjoy~

•••••

(Y/N's) POV:

It had been a few days since I woke up in EJs lab. For the most part, everyone was glad that I was okay. Some of the pastas didn't really care but I didn't mind. I think out of everyone, Toby was the most excited to have me back.

Toby was... complex.

Around the others, I noticed that he tended to keep his distance from me. However, once we were in our room together it was like we were glued together.

The first night after I woke up, Toby held me extremely close and rambled on about things.

"D-don't sc-scare me l-like that-t ag-again,"

"I w-was so wor-worried,"

"I'm s-sorry I le-left you a-alone,"

"Are y-you ok-okay?"

At some point I had just fallen asleep as there seemed to be no end to Toby's rambling.

.

.

.

I had no idea what time it was, but something woke me up.

I felt movement in the bed.

At first I brushed it off as Toby just trying to get comfortable, but he seemed to be moving around a lot.

Then I started hearing the tics.

They started off minimal, not happening very often, but then they seemed to get worse.

I could hear the sound of his bones cracking and popping.

Something wasn't right.

I sat up slowly and turned to face him, but I was met with an unpleasant sight.

Toby was shaking and twitching violently, his bones cracking with each of his sudden movements. His eyes were wide open and his breathing was ragged.

My heartbeat quickened as I sat up more and leaned over him.

"Toby? Toby! What's wrong?! What's happening? How can I help you?!" I rushed out, watching helplessly as his behavior continued.

His eyes widened further as his mouth began to slowly open.

Strangled sounds left his mouth but soon after, he was able to make out two syllables.

"E....J...." he gasped out.

I jumped out of bed immediately and ran towards EJ's room.

After what had happened in his lab, I had been avoiding him, afraid he might found out I didn't tell him the truth. I didn't know a lot about EJ but I knew he was very smart. I was afraid if I talked to him, he'd figure out what actually happened.

I wasn't even that concerned about my hideout anymore, at least when it came to EJ. I was more concerned that if he found out the truth, he'd be mad that I lied and tell Slender. That, or he'd be upset I was completely unaware anyone had broke in. If I had known someone was in the house, I could have called one of the pastas and warned them.

None of that mattered right now though.

I finally made it to EJs door and I threw it open, not even bothering to knock.