Chapter 15

Solar knew many things, but knowing why he was so attracted to this particular island was out of the question. It wasn't a question to begin with. He just felt like he belonged here, and it was the place he should be. It was like salmon returning to its home to nest.

Except he wasn't here to nest.

That's gross.

Oh, there's also the fact that he passed out the moment his feet hit the grassy terrain in front of the stall where he met Fang and the others, catching the only silhouette of an elder man before he blacked out.

He had never dreamed for years. It's not like he slept much. His body was genetically altered to be able to remain awake for approximately thirty days, one month in average.

It had been one month since he slept. It's annoying, because he never knows when he's going to pass out. He was like a device that just shuts down after the battery is depleted. Without warning, and he was out like a light.

But now it was his first dream in a long time. Solar drifted in an endless abyss, with no light in far sight.

Time was fluid in dreams. He lost all sense of time and emotion. He was part of the darkness, and the darkness was a part of him. It was one thing that will never, ever change.

He couldn't feel, but he was aware he was in a dream. He didn't know how. He just knew. A gut feeling. A wild guess. A bored assumption, but with no solid evidence.

Faint memories and voices replayed in his mind. They were distant and faded, because they were the only recollection he possessed that included both his parents and family. He couldn't recall their faces nor their voices. He only knew that they had once been a happy family, fated to be apart.

Look here, Boboiboy! Come on, don't rush yourself.

Say hello, Boboiboy! Meet your Tok Aba! He makes the best cocoa. Come on, try some.

Say hello to Magnetbot! Isn't he cute? Look, he likes you!

Wait.

Magnetbot?

A power sphere? What was that doing in his dreams? His mother had said that... hadn't she? Who did? He can't remember details, but he was dead sure about one of his parents owning Magnetbot.

Vargoba had owned Magnetbot.

Before him, it was his parents.

Vargoba had stolen the power sphere from them.

Vargoba was the one that set up the experiment that included him.

The faint memory of his dying mother's cries and him being whisked away into an unknown world came to mind. Someone did attack them, but not Vargoba. So who was it? one of his henchmen?

But why did his parents own a power sphere?

Why did he remember it now?

Before he could press the matters further, his body was suddenly swept into a swift current upwards and he shot up in reality, unable to keep his breathing regulations even.

At first glance, he couldn't comprehend his bearings. There was a roof over his head, and he was on a bed. The walls and roof were constructed of wood, with an accessory of the solar system – no pun intended, seriously – and posters of football teams and such.

Solar swallowed a bitter taste in his mouth. He had seen this place somewhere before. But where?

"Hey, take it easy."