† Chp. XXXV †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Trouble' by
P!nk.

= cue the music

† Chp. XXXV

 XXXV †

___

Pippin hops along the sidewalk, a skip in his step as he observes the grand city of Minas Tirith. Although quite daunting for the halfing considering he walks alone, and the civilians of Gondor tower over his small frame, it is also quite the experience, as even the stone in which the kingdom has been carved radiates power and wealth. And for a hobbit especially, the 'City of Kings' is quite extravagant.

How he has come to explore such a place, Pippin ponders himself, although he does wish his best friend could experience the large kingdom by his side.

Oh, how he misses his mischevious partner in crime.

A loud chorus of squeals grab his attention, and the halfling turns his curly head to observe a cluster of buzzing women.

"Is that a hobbit?" One questions, her eyes wide with awe.

"He's so cute!" Another shrills in excitment.

The group moves to observe the suprised halfling, and he lifts his small chin, rather proud of all the attention in which he recieves.

"Always popular with the ladies." He announces to himself, bearing a sly grin.

"Last I checked, Minas Tirith is a city for divine men, not little boys who fail to reach the top shelf." A confident, grizzly voice remarks. The ladies step away from the hobbit, and a stocky man dressed in guard attire strides forward to tower over Pippin.

His offence causes the posse of soldiers who follow behind to release a chorus of dry laughs. Pippin shifts on his feet, heat rising to his cheeks at the sudden intimidation.

"I've fought many orcs to get here, thank you very much." The hobbit states, attempting to stand his ground.

"Orcs or stray mice?" The rather rude man retorts, earning another array of snickers.

By now, an audience has formed. A thick, wirey beard protrudes from the man's chin, and he steps forward, poking Pippin with the hilt of his sword.

"This kingdom is for royal blood, your race does not belong here." He grunts. Onlookers watch the commotion with great curiosity, and some with amusement. Many disagree with the man's attitude towards the halfling, however they also fear the consequence of shaming their kingdom's head guard.