Saved ~ Lloyd

You sighed, standing up, "Maybe we can meet up sometime?"

Asmodeus grinned, "Sure!"

"And don't worry about not having a place to stay, I have some connections."

You may have to call your ex-boyfriend but it was the least you could do for your friend. Before you could say anything more, he pulled you into a warm hug, "Thank you."

"Anytime. Thanks for letting me go, I really have to go find Vanessa now."

A loud rumbling behind you got your attention and before you even had the time to defend yourself, Asmodeus was in front of you, protecting you from the chunks of wall that flew apart.

You coughed, tasting cement and dust, waving a hand to clear the air. You turned back to your friend, "Are you o—What the heck are you guys doing?!" 

Asmodeus was on the ground with his hands restraint behind his back, "(Y/N), get out of here!"

"No!"

The ninja froze.

"What do you guys think you're doing?! He's my friend!" You cried, pushing Kai's hands off him and pulling him to his feet.

"He's your friend?! He's a snake!"

"And you're a dog, yet here we are."

Asmodeus laughed, giving you a fist-bump, "Good one."

You grinned, "Thanks."

Lloyd's face colored from embarrassment and he took a breath to compose himself before saying, "(Y/N), now really isn't the time to be joking around."

"I'm not joking, he really is my friend."

"Him?!" "Yes, him!"

They paused and Jay spoke up, "Well, now I don't know what to do."

"Well, we leave, we go home, and everything goes back to the way it was. Well, except now I have a super cool snake friend."

"Are you forgetting the part that your super cool snake friend goes to jail for kidnapping?" Lloyd's face was slowly turning red from anger.

"Well, that's only if I decide to press charges and guess what? I am not going to."

"Unless, the cities heroes put him in custody and guess what? We are the cities heroes."

You glared at your ex-boyfriend, your hands fisting at your sides, but before you could say anything , he was already out the door.

You scoffed, rushing after him, "Lloyd! Get back here before I wring your neck!"

The ninja stared at each other, dumbfounded, "Are you sure he's the one we're supposed to be arresting?"

"Lloyd! If you arrest him, then I swear—"

"What, (Y/N)? You'll do what?!"

You glared at him, "I'll give you a reason to put me in jail too."

He frowned at you, "Yeah, I doubt that."

You let out a scream of frustration, "Why are you even acting like this?! Is it because there hasn't been much crime lately so you're bored?"

He sighed and grabbed your forearms and shook you, "(Y/N), you need to get your head on straight."

"And you need to get that stick out of your ass."

He groaned, glaring at you, "I'm serious."

"Me too! I'm not letting you leave if you don't promise that you won't arrest him."

"Only if you promise that you will never leave my sight!"

You paused, "What?"

"(Y/N), when I came to know that you were kidnapped, by a snake no less, I just, my heart stopped." Funnily enough, your heart was beating a mile a minute.

"I was so scared that what happened the first time would repeat itself." He spared a brief glance to your waist, where your scar is covered by your clothes.

"And you think arresting a snake that hasn't done anything to me will help?"

He threw his hands into the air, "Yes! No...I just, I can't see you laying in that hospital bed again, it'll break me." He grabbed your hands, "Please, if I let him go, please tell me you'll stick around more, so if anything happens I'll be able to protect you."

Your heart fluttered as his green eyes bore into yours. He broke up with me, over text. He broke up with me, over text.

You pulled his hands off you, crushing the butterflies in your stomach and forcing a frown on your face.

"Alright."