Eli & Aeryn: Forty Six

I saw recently that we passed 500,000 reads, which is awesome!

And then it really hit, me, 500,000, that's half a million! And that's just crazy because I posted this expecting a couple of my friends to read it [@The_Writing_Dreamer, who is cool and still does read this is one of them] and that's it.

But I don't know, I've had another one of those sudden realisations that we've got this far and that you're awesome. :P

The banner on the side is by @EkamEveileb, she's made three really cute covers, so in the next couple of chapters they will be on the side, thank you for making them! <( ^-^ <)

_____________________________________________________________

E: "I'm so tired."

A: "Why?"

E: "I had work today, it's exhausting."

A: "What's exhausting about serving drinks to people?"

E: "...you make it sound so mundane."

A: "That's because it is."

E: "I love my job, you're just jealous."

A: "You think I'm jealous of the fact you have a job and I don't? You think when I'm at home relaxing, doing whatever I want whenever I want, that I am longing to be in a busy building taking orders from random strangers and-"

E: "Alright, point made, Aeryn. So sour."

A: "How close are you to your goal?"

E: "I almost have enough money to get a car, but it would be something old and second hand."

A: "That doesn't really matter, I guess. There is the small matter of the driving test..."

E: "...which you didn't pass either."

A: "Irrelevant."

E: "...that's my word!"

A: "Hah."

E: "Turnip. Anyway, my mum is paying for me to retake soon, and then I'll be free and on the road."

A: "I'll beg my dad for another test too, we can try and do them at a similar date again so I can rub me getting my license in your face."

E: "You're so sure of yourself, little miss C on our project."

A: "..."

E: "Don't hurt me!"

A: "If we weren't this high off of the ground I would shove you out of here."

E: "Another reason I love this treehouse, you can't bully me up here."

A: "Don't push it."

E: "Yes, ma'am."

A: "..."

E: "It's so nice up here at night."

A: "It is."

E: "We should build a huge tree house when we're older. Floor houses are for peasants. We shall live in the sky."

A: "Mmm."

E: "Conversational as ever, Aeryn - seriously?"

A: "..."

E: "You're asleep? Already?"

A: "..."

E: "I'm the one who has been working!"

A: "..."

E: "You're such a...I don't even know."

A:"..."

E: "..."

He leaned down over her, listening to the soft breaths that deep sleep pulled from her. He lowered himself further, pressing his lips against her forehead. She did not stir. He raised himself up again, the ghost of a smile pulling at his lips.

E: "Good night, Aeryn."